Pre-season poll

CircleDrill

Except for their easy schedule, I don't see USC as a Top 5 team this year, they lost too much experience not to have 2 or 3 down games. They don't have Leinart or Bush to pull a miracle out at the end as they have needed so often, even in the very weak Pac 10....

Here we go with the Ohio State and Notre Dame love fest, :puke: . It doesn't matter how tough the SEC slate is CircleDrill, the media still doesn't understand why SEC teams don't play tough out of conference games. USC played teams from out of conference to bolster their SOS cause the PAC-10 is awful, but the media doesn't want to realize that.

I know we have a lot of LSU fans who post here who will probably get PO'd by what I'm about to say, but doesn't it seem like the media kisses their butt just as much as USC, ND, OSU,ect.?

I know we have a lot of LSU fans who post here who will probably get PO'd by what I'm about to say, but doesn't it seem like the media kisses their butt just as much as USC, ND, OSU,ect.?

225934[/snapback]

No, considering our 2003 National Championship team seemed to have been forgotten in all of the 3-peat nonsense.

I think Tenn. needs to be in the top 15 with the changes they are making.

225924[/snapback]

That new guy that Fulmer hired (i forget his name), is going to really get the O going. Kinda bad news for the rest of the SEC.

Let's compare the "major" conferences:

ACC 1 top 10 team, 5 top 25 teams

Big 12 2 top 10 teams, 3 top 25 teams

PAC 10 1 top 10 team, 4 top 25 teams

Big 10 1 top 10 team, 4 top 25 teams

SEC 3 top 10 teams, 6 top 25 teams

My next project would be to look at if the teams in the other conferences actually play each other.

Auburn plays LSU (top 10), Florida (top 10), UGA, S Carolina, and Alabama (top 25) all during the regular season.

I can't wait for the first ESPN idiot to say SEC needs to play tougher out of conference schedules this year.

I know that "polls don't mean anything" to the sane person. But I'm talking about the media, not sane people. The media drools over their polls, except when it comes to the SEC for some reason.

Take a look at the Rivals pre-season Top 25 poll. 

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=502125

Now, how long will it take people to start saying the SEC needs to play a tougher non-conference schedule again this year?

225916[/snapback]

Sheesh, I will say it again. During the regular season, ND beat THREE teams with a winning record! The only reason they have them ranked #2 is name recognition. As O'Reilly would say..."RIDICULOUS"! :puke:

:au::homer:

Southern Cal will lose to Arky in Razorback stadium on Sept 2. They very well could start off 0-2, with playing Nebraska the next week. They are talented, but interesting to see how the inexperience afftects them.

Of course, the SEC will get no respect again. I feel like there are 5 teams in the SEC that have the potential to be top 10, AU, LSU, UF, UGA, and UT (who will be good this year). Potential for S. Carolina and Arky and Bama to hang around the top 25.

Looks like those 5 could be very good. One or two should pull out to be in BCS games, for whatever that is worth.

I'm very excited to see what the Ol' Ball Coach is gonna do next year. Georgia and Bama are in the same boat working with new and in-experienced QB's. I expect UF to win the East and AU or LSU win the West. I don't think they should have put Georgia at that high of a ranking. I would have put them like at #17 or #18.

I'm very excited to see what the Ol' Ball Coach is gonna do next year. Georgia and Bama are in the same boat working with new and in-experienced QB's. I expect UF to win the East and AU or LSU win the West. I don't think they should have put Georgia at that high of a ranking. I would have put them like at #17 or #18.

226016[/snapback]

Florida has to show me "on the field" they can win, not just on a piece of paper. I won't be convinced until they do. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see S. Carolina win the east LONG before UF does, IF UF ever does. This love afair with UF is totally without merit. Georgia, IMO, has too many holes to fill to start so high. Who knows what Tennessee will put on the field.

I personally believe that Meyer and Miles are both in way over their heads in the SEC, and niether one of them will last very long.

I agree. Miles and Urban really only had winning seasons because they inherited the talent, so it was hard for them not to have a winning season. Wow, FSU is ranked #14. Maybe the pollsters wised up and realized that FSU is overrated and that they should put them in their place but #14 is really generous for a team who made it to the Orange Bowl with 5 losses.

226016[/snapback]

Forgot to say...WELCOME TO THE BOARD. Post Often.

WAR EAGLE!!

Archived