Heisman Region - 3 vs. 14

Guest Tigrinum Major

Choose your choice  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your choice

• wannbeAUmom - 3 seed
    • autigeremt - 14 seed

Guest Tigrinum Major

First round is over halfway over. Three easy wins and a close one yesterday.

Second round will start on Monday with all second round games in a particular region being played on one day. For example, all four second round games in the Toomer region will take place on Monday, all Jordan region games on Tuesday, etc.

Voting ends tomorrow at 9:00 AM.

It is a tournament pitting Auburn fan against Auburn fan in the main WEN forum in what appears to be a popularity contest. It's called March Madness. Maybe March Insanity would be a better name. JMHO.

In this thread we are supposed to choose between two long time stalwarts of WEN. I for one couldn't make that choice and have no idea why I should. :thumbsdown:

226392[/snapback]

Um, PT? This is just for fun. No one else that's involved is taking this "seriously" - even people who weren't "selected". I don't see it as pitting one Auburn person against another in terms of "who's better". It's not even really a true popularity contest. TMaj put together and posted criteria for selection and voting - number of posts, contributions to the board, humor, sarcasm, quality of comments, that kind of thing. With the exception of one or two matchups, most all have been pretty close races. This isn't Survivor, where people are being voted off the island. No one is being banned. There is no Waterford crystal egg for the "winner".

Your opinion is duly noted and respected, but I think maybe you are overanalyzing this. Yeah, I agree, it's kind of silly, and shows that TMaj's brain works in different ways than other folks, but it's the offseason, and there's not a lot else to do. If you don't want to be a part of it, then don't vote, take your name out of the running, and don't read the posts. Simple.

Archived