If you were looking for an SEC football coach last

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

According to Ivan Maisel's Three Point Stance last week:

Thursday, April 6

1. If you're looking for an SEC head coach this week, try the Masters. Mike Shula came Wednesday, wearing a canary yellow shirt with an Alabama logo, providing him anonymity of a sort. Steve Spurrier will be in Chris DiMarco's gallery today, according to Tommy Tuberville, who arrives at Augusta National Friday.

Canary yellow? What the hell?

Thursday, April 6

1. If you're looking for an SEC head coach this week, try the Masters. Mike Shula came Wednesday, wearing a canary yellow shirt with an Alabama logo, providing him anonymity of a sort. Steve Spurrier will be in Chris DiMarco's gallery today, according to Tommy Tuberville, who arrives at Augusta National Friday.

229892[/snapback]

New practice jersey??? :lol:

:au::homer:

In a completely unrelated note...The Alabama Board of Trustees have voted unanimously to change the colors and nickname of the football team before the upcoming season to the Alabama Canary Tide. The new uniforms will feature yellow shirts with light red numbers and the same red helmets and white pants.

"After having the quarterbacks all wearing yellow jerseys for the last 4 years in practice all season, we decided that maybe they will play better in those colors on Saturdays too" Coach Mike F. Shula said.

Thursday, April 6

229892[/snapback]

Don't worry, Mike. After the Thumb comes out next fall you'll soon have all the anonymity you want. :big:

Is it really a big deal that Spurrier was there, though? I thought the whole point of his new job was so he could play golf in Augusta and commute to USC for work.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Is it really a big deal that Spurrier was there, though?  I thought the whole point of his new job was so he could play golf in Augusta and commute to USC for work.

229965[/snapback]

Augusta is much more exclusive than that. It isn't like getting a tee time at Oxmoor Valley. You have to be accompanied by a member (Spurrier is not a member.) Those guys are worse than The Machine, Skull and Bones or anything else you've ever heard of.

Is it really a big deal that Spurrier was there, though?  I thought the whole point of his new job was so he could play golf in Augusta and commute to USC for work.

229965[/snapback]

Augusta is much more exclusive than that. It isn't like getting a tee time at Oxmoor Valley. You have to be accompanied by a member (Spurrier is not a member.) Those guys are worse than The Machine, Skull and Bones or anything else you've ever heard of.

229967[/snapback]

I also thought the Ole Ball Coach got an Augusta membership as a part of his deal.

I also thought the Ole Ball Coach got an Augusta membership as a part of his deal.

229983[/snapback]

why would he get a membership to a club in the state of Georgia?

229983[/snapback]

229991[/snapback]

Hootie Johnson played football at USC.

It isn't like getting a tee time at Oxmoor Valley.

You mean it is more like getting a time at Roebuck???

229970[/snapback]

You mean, it is easier to get a tee time in Augusta than playing a round in Roebuck without someone stealing your golf ball (I know from experience).

229983[/snapback]

229991[/snapback]

229998[/snapback]

They wouldn't give him a membership, or even let him in if he paid. Members will bring him on to play, but no doubt the dawg bluebloods don't want him in their club, and neither will the lamecocks after he either retires or quits.

Guest Tigrinum Major

229983[/snapback]

229991[/snapback]

229998[/snapback]

They wouldn't give him a membership, or even let him in if he paid. Members will bring him on to play, but no doubt the dawg bluebloods don't want him in their club, and neither will the lamecocks after he either retires or quits.

230022[/snapback]

It isn't the price that gets people (only between $50,000-100,000 initiation fee) but the exclusiveness. It isn't confined to bluebloods. It is just a very exclusive club. Only about 300 members.

Includes John Frank Broyles and Lou Holtz, along with a lot of retired CEOs of major corporations. Strong ties (as well as proximity) to South Carolina due to Hootie Johnson, but the Spurrier membership story is an urban myth. It isn't all UGA boosters, Georgia old money, etc. It is a nationwide membership.

Archived