War Eagle!!

jc4tigers

I think this is going to be another exciting year for Auburn Football. I fully believe that the offense is going to be just as powerful as last years was and I think the defense with Muschamp taking over is going to be as aggressive and powerful as they have been.

Things to look for: I'm anxious to see how the OL will step up to fill the holes left by Troy Reddick and Big Mac and I'm excited/nervous about seeing some big playmakers stepping up at receiver. I know Prechae will probably have another good year and i think he will compliment the abilities of Courtney Taylor very well

On the defensive side of the ball i'm so excited i could pee my pants. Tray Blackmon is going to be a force to be reckoned with and I am really excited about seeing Herring try out his spot at LB. The one thing I really want to see is improvement in the secondary. I think they have the leadership back there, they just need to make the plays. Never forget the fundamentals. I'm also excited about seeing what speedy defense is going to look like under Muschamp.

Having said all that, I'm excited about this fall. I think we are going to be seeing some great things from the Auburn tigers.

Can't wait for the season to start. Over the last four years it has seemed as though our secondary play has been lacking. I think the new system that Muschamp brings in will alleviate this problem. By blitzing Blackmon every other play, and implementing a more aggressive style we will undoubtedly be much improved in the secondary. The difference between a quarterback having 4 seconds or 3.5 seconds to throw is the difference between a touchdown and a sack. We will create many more turnovers than in the past years. Recently, we have played a "bend, don't break" defense. This years defensive will be outright offensive to the opposing team. I look for teams to try and run the ball earlier in games in order to protect the quarterback from early mistakes. If our undersized defense can hold its ground and force the opposition to throw the ball, we will win. Let's just pray that the coaches, on both sides of the ball, will be more aggressive than in the past. :au::homer:

Can't wait for the season to start.  Over the last four years it has seemed as though our secondary play has been lacking.  I think the new system that Muschamp brings in will alleviate this problem.  By blitzing Blackmon every other play, and implementing a more aggressive style we will undoubtedly be much improved in the secondary.  The difference between a quarterback having 4 seconds or 3.5 seconds to throw is the difference between a touchdown and a sack.  We will create many more turnovers than in the past years.  Recently, we have played a "bend, don't break" defense.  This years defensive will be outright offensive to the opposing team.  I look for teams to try and run the ball earlier in games in order to protect the quarterback from early mistakes.  If our undersized defense can hold its ground and force the opposition to throw the ball, we will win.  Let's just pray that the coaches, on both sides of the ball, will be more aggressive than in the past. :au:   :homer:

233697[/snapback]

um, Carlos Rogers.....Junior Rosegreen.....

We don't seem to blitz as much as I like. But I guess it's to throw the offenses off? Hit 'em when they don't see it coming?

Can't wait for the season to start.  Over the last four years it has seemed as though our secondary play has been lacking.  I think the new system that Muschamp brings in will alleviate this problem.  By blitzing Blackmon every other play, and implementing a more aggressive style we will undoubtedly be much improved in the secondary.  The difference between a quarterback having 4 seconds or 3.5 seconds to throw is the difference between a touchdown and a sack.  We will create many more turnovers than in the past years.  Recently, we have played a "bend, don't break" defense.  This years defensive will be outright offensive to the opposing team.  I look for teams to try and run the ball earlier in games in order to protect the quarterback from early mistakes.  If our undersized defense can hold its ground and force the opposition to throw the ball, we will win.  Let's just pray that the coaches, on both sides of the ball, will be more aggressive than in the past. :au:   :homer:

233697[/snapback]

um, Carlos Rogers.....Junior Rosegreen.....

233711[/snapback]

Umm...ummm...good point:) although my point is not that our players were bad, it was that our plays were bad. I know our defensive statistics have been good, but they can and should be better. Teams should not be able to complete those 15 yard out routs or be able to march down the field as LSU did in 2004 before we got an interception. At the 2004 LSU game it seemed as though we were sitting back and letting them complete passes in front of us and then come up and make the tackle. If my memory is correct, LSU made it to our 45 yardline with a little over a minute to go in a 10-9 ball game. All they needed was to get in field goal range. Fortunately, we got a deflection and an interception, but they were one completion away from kicking the winning field goal.

umm...what about the Georgia game in 2003? 4th and 19 with little time left and they have to score a touchdown to win. If you put pressure on the quarterback in that situation, you don't give the receivers time to get 19 yards down the field. Our coaches philosophy appeared to be to let them have all the time they wanted and hopefully they won't complete the pass. This won't be Muschamps philosophy, at least it better not be. That was my point.

If you are mad because I am looking forward to the future and hopeful that a great team could be even better, then I apologize. It is not always the quality of players you have, it can sometimes be the scheme. Pittsburgh surely was not the most talented team in the NFL last year, but they won because the coaches understood that they had to play an aggressive style defense and a conservative, efficient offense. I hope we are aggressive on both offense and defense.

Sheesh, I'm out of breath. :au:

We've had some great talent in the secondary...but it seemed our coverage calls were just not there. One game that comes to mind is Wisconsin. I sware the receivers they had would wait about ten days for the ball wide open down field...

I think we might see a more aggressive secondary and LB package this year.

Archived