The "Nip"....

WarTim

While feeling a bit "blue" due to the passing of 8-15-06, last years "Nip" call, I decided to take a ride through the country side, instead of staying at my desk as usual through lunch hour. (That's Me, "Mr. Dedicated!) The "calling of the "Nip" is a BIG deal around my House. My brother(uat ilk/dropped on his head as a small child) called me from Atalnta last night searching for good news on the "Nip" front. Alas, there was only...wait..and...be patient...Suddenly, I was greeted by the smell of burning leaves. (That smell always reminds me of my days as a small child when my brother and I would enlist the help of all the guys in the neighborhood to help us rake leaves as to clear the front yard to play Football!)...Good sign #1

I had traveled only a few more miles when I passed several County road crews that were cutting WEEDS/grass with those HUGE tractors! (THAT smell always gets my attention. In the Spring as well as in the Early Fall!) And those HUGE tractors can really lay waste to some grass!..Good sign #2

I was feeling a bit better and decided it was time to get back to the "old salt mines"/ My office. I had barely pulled in front of the building when it began to mist a little rain, with a slight "Zepher/Breeze to boot!

(It actually felt "cooler" than it has for a very LONG time.)

...Good sign #3

As I stepped out of my car, an old friend passed by and, as he ALWAYS does, greeted me with a wave, a smile, and a BLAST of his car horn. But, HIS horn is not really a horn. It plays the first few bars of the AUBURN Fight Song ! ! !...GREAT sign #4

I looked skyward and told the Big Tiger upstairs that He had my attention. My quest had come to and end. The Holy Grail has been obtained. THE NIP IS HEREBY "Called". :cheer::au::cheer:

Let the Celebrations begin! :cheer:

God is in His Heaven, The Tigers are in preparation for the 2006 Season and all is RIGHT with the World ! ! !

WDE! ! !...O-N-E at a time...BRING IT ON ! ! ! :au::cheer:

Guest Big Tiger

I looked skyward and told the Big Tiger upstairs that He had my attention. My quest had come to and end.

You have done well, my son.

Wooohooo!!!!

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

The NIP

WOOHOO!!!! HECK YEAH!!!! What a GREAT day!!!

The NIP was called, I got my Auburn/LSU tickets in the mail and my Auburn/Wash. St. tickets are soon to follow!!!

All I have to say is.....WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

well guys id just like to say i remember my first nip in early fall 2004 and i must say today feels mighty familiar may the games begin and the result be the same and war tim never miss a one at a time please

WOOHOO!!!! HECK YEAH!!!! What a GREAT day!!!

The NIP was called, I got my Auburn/LSU tickets in the mail and my Auburn/Wash. St. tickets are soon to follow!!!

All I have to say is.....WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

I should have included that in my post as well. I got my season tickets in the mail yesterday too! :cheer:

funny story (funny to me at least). historically, i am really not a huge fan of 'the nip', but i do respect it and know that when it is called, football is upon us.

having said that, i started back to work today (after that glorious 13 week vacation) and when I went outside this morning at 5:45 for my first cancer stick of the day, the temp at my house in Memphis was 67. the first thought that popped into my head was, 'this would be a fine time for tim to call the nip'.

and what do you know....

great minds, I guess.

At last!!! War Tim calls the NIP! It's hot down here in FLA, but there is a NIP. There WILL be football.

WDE

ahhh "the nip" I've been waiting for it and knew that when I got my season tickets today it was that time. Although I may bust before sep 2nd gets here. I always wonder every year how I make it without football for so long and I can never figure out how I survive.

Though I don't feel it here yet in Helena, I will take the official word from wartim!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about rackin-frackin time! :cheer:

So my premature calling was off by what, 2, 3 days? Not bad for an amateur, huh? <_<

It is amazing how you call it on the same day I get my tickets in the mail. Coincidence? I...think....not.

what exactly is "The Nip"? Is it the change in the weather where you can just start to feel fall and football in the air? If so, not happening here in Atlanta just yet.

Has very little to do with the weather, it is something unique and best described by the NIP caller WarTim or the Goddess, Jenny. However the best way I know to describe it is when all the world around you is screaming it's football time you know the NIP is near.

what exactly is "The Nip"? Is it the change in the weather where you can just start to feel fall and football in the air? If so, not happening here in Atlanta just yet.

Has very little to do with the weather, it is something unique and best described by the NIP caller WarTim or the Goddess, Jenny. However the best way I know to describe it is when all the world around you is screaming it's football time you know the NIP is near.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9134

The original post. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

Shiny, should have thought to look there myself.

Shiny, should have thought to look there myself.

Yeah I usually forget the Classics forum is there just long enough for me to really enjoy those stories/posts when I go back to read them again.

So my premature calling was off by what, 2, 3 days? Not bad for an amateur, huh? <_<

It is amazing how you call it on the same day I get my tickets in the mail. Coincidence? I...think....not.

Okay. You got me. I admit it. I hired a staff of private investigators to watch your mailbox. :blink:

WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Thanks Tim!

We also got our tickets in the mail yesterday, even managed to move down and over a little. :big:

Question though...does anyone know the significance of an * next to a seat number?

Archived