replay official

bojack34

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5979408?FSO1&ATT=HMA

As bad a call as it was I hope people realize officials are people too.IMO Ok should just shut up and realize they were not the better team that day and use it to build on.

May God hear my prayers that Auburn never stoops to the level of Oklahoma in crying about a loss. Games are not won or lost on one play, or even a few plays.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5979408?FSO1&ATT=HMA

As bad a call as it was I hope people realize officials are people too.IMO Ok should just shut up and realize they were not the better team that day and use it to build on.

Oklahoma was the better team...they should have won...and this is a huge hit to their season. I know that this official must feel terrible but it is his job to do his best to get these calls correct. Everyone in the nation saw that he was wrong and it is very easy to see this in the replays. The replay official is from portland Oregon also. They do need to move on but this should not have been a loss for this team. I don't think it should be erased from the season, but the officials do need to be diciplined or at least trained better.

I'm sorry that OK put THEMSELVES in a position where the bad call could beat them when they were playing at BEST a mid major team. Get over it!

I'm sorry that OK put THEMSELVES in a position where the bad call could beat them when they were playing at BEST a mid major team. Get over it!

how did they put themselves in that position? They recovered the onside kick even though it should have been their ball anyways because an Oregon player touched it too early. They had a little over a minute left and could have pretty much ran the clock out. I'm sorry, but they were in position to win. They should have had the ball with little time left.

how did they put themselves in that position? They recovered the onside kick even though it should have been their ball anyways because an Oregon player touched it too early. They had a little over a minute left and could have pretty much ran the clock out. I'm sorry, but they were in position to win. They should have had the ball with little time left.

I do not disagree that it was a bad call. What I disagree with is that they continue to whine about it when if they had a defense it would not have been at issue in the first place. Supposedly this was a title contender 6 weeks ago until the QB got caught taking money, so I will cut them slack on the offensive side of the ball but if they really were worthy of being mentioned as title contender than they should have a better defense than the one that was on the field.

Bottom line is they need to wworry more about why they had that team put that many points up on them.

I do not disagree that it was a bad call. What I disagree with is that they continue to whine about it when if they had a defense it would not have been at issue in the first place. Supposedly this was a title contender 6 weeks ago until the QB got caught taking money, so I will cut them slack on the offensive side of the ball but if they really were worthy of being mentioned as title contender than they should have a better defense than the one that was on the field.

Bottom line is they need to wworry more about why they had that team put that many points up on them.

fine then...we need to worry about how many yards we didn't get against LSU. Pac 10 is known for their offense. They gave up a ton of yards and points but were still in position to win. We didn't put up many yards at all (albeit against a great D) but were still in position to win.

Is your argument that they will not be in the national title race? Whos to say that right now? They are using a new QB and should be undefeated at this point. You're saying that they need a better defense to be considered a national title contender. Well, then I think we need a better offense.

Oregon is #9 in the nation in total yards. They are averaging 471 yards per game and 38 points per game. Yeah Oklahoma gave up a lot of yards, but a W is a W and Oklahoma should have had the W.

shoulda could woulda...THEY DON"T have the W. Not all their fault but they played in the game. The ref didn't help their cause but if they think he is the complete problem then they are sadly mistaken.

Why should I worry about how many yards we didn't get against LSU? LSU needs to worry about how many points they didn't get against us.

That is exactly what I am saying. OU has a very suspect defense. Are you trying to say that Oregon is a good team because they are number nine in offense? New Mexico State is second in the nation.....Better fear them! How about those juggernaughts known as Hawaii? They are number seven in offense. Does that mean SPUAT is getting ready for a dare I say...A Title run because they barely beat someone who has a good offense?

If the bammernecks had lost on the last play against UH due to a bad call it is still their fault. Doesn't mean the call didn't make a difference but it is their fault for not putting their foot on UH's throat when they had the opportunity IMO.

I have no sympathy for OU and hope they lose every game on a bad call so I can laugh at them even more.

shoulda could woulda...THEY DON"T have the W. Not all their fault but they played in the game. The ref didn't help their cause but if they think he is the complete problem then they are sadly mistaken.

Why should I worry about how many yards we didn't get against LSU? LSU needs to worry about how many points they didn't get against us.

That is exactly what I am saying. OU has a very suspect defense. Are you trying to say that Oregon is a good team because they are number nine in offense? New Mexico State is second in the nation.....Better fear them! How about those juggernaughts known as Hawaii? They are number seven in offense. Does that mean SPUAT is getting ready for a dare I say...A Title run because they barely beat someone who has a good offense?

If the bammernecks had lost on the last play against UH due to a bad call it is still their fault. Doesn't mean the call didn't make a difference but it is their fault for not putting their foot on UH's throat when they had the opportunity IMO.

I have no sympathy for OU and hope they lose every game on a bad call so I can laugh at them even more.

I'm just saying that before the whole bomar thing, Oklahoma was highly regarded as a top 10 or even 5 team. They still had high goals for this season. I realize that they don't have the W, and the Ref pretty much was one of the most determining factors in that game. If the onside kick call was correct all they had to do was kneel down and finish the game. And then, their defense made a good play by tipping the ball and forcing an incompletion on 2nd down. They gave them a free first down. I realize that it doesn't matter any more, but they have every right in the world to be extremely upset. It is really too early in the season to decide which teams are primed for a title run. At this point in 04, not many people thought that Auburn could go undefeated. If OU has one loss at the end of this season (big if, but still possible), then they can blame the ref on not having a championship.

So whatever the refs do, no matter HOW bad the call is, it does not affect the outcome of the game? OU won that game. What if the refs in our game awarded LSU 6 points on the last play of the game because...lets say they mistakenly thought the 10 yard line was the end zone and reviewed it and still gave LSU 7 points to win. Would this mean we let outselves in a position to loose and it is our fault? That is pretty much the same example as the OU game. It was THAT bad of a call and it DID cost them a win.

I understand what you are saying and I think on most things we come down with the same views on this.

I guess I just get really tired of hearing people blame officials. I understand and agree that the zebras had a lot more to do with the outcome of this game and that is very wrong and I will admit I would be really ill if it had happened to us.

I also see your point about our 04 team at this point of the year but our 04 team also wasn't in the top five of every poll that came out in the beginning of the season. IMO if you are good enough to be in the top five out of the gate you win the games you are supposed to win.

Ofcourse it could be that I just don't like OU. :big:

So whatever the refs do, no matter HOW bad the call is, it does not affect the outcome of the game? OU won that game. What if the refs in our game awarded LSU 6 points on the last play of the game because...lets say they mistakenly thought the 10 yard line was the end zone and reviewed it and still gave LSU 7 points to win. Would this mean we let outselves in a position to loose and it is our fault? That is pretty much the same example as the OU game. It was THAT bad of a call and it DID cost them a win.

I never said it does not affect the outcome of the game. By the papers I have seen OU did not win that game. Last time I checked they lost that game. Has the commish come out with a press release I am not aware of?

To play along with the comparison you are trying to draw with our game....The answer is YES. It would be mostly our fault for the loss. Would it be a very bad call? Yes it would but you have to overcome bad calls. IF that would have happened to us we should have made a field goal. We should have adjusted better to the things their defense was doing. We should have not given the ball back to LSU before the half. There are a lot of things that WE could have done to prevent what you are using as an example.

Bottom line is OU got hosed on a couple of calls that may well be some of the worst ones I have ever seen in 37 years of watching college football! I agree with you on that point but I do not agree that they did not have a hand in thier own downfall.

OK was up by what, 13 with just few minutes left? They didn't stop them from scoring at that point and they didn't stop them again after the refs skrewed up the call and then they didn't make the field goal at the end to win. They lose. Yes it was an awful call, maybe even a biast call, but they still had opportunity (3 of them) to prevent the loss.

LSU had a chance to beat us at he end of our game but they didn't throw into the end zone. You lose, go home.

OK was up by what, 13 with just few minutes left? They didn't stop them from scoring at that point and they didn't stop them again after the refs skrewed up the call and then they didn't make the field goal at the end to win. They lose. Yes it was an awful call, maybe even a biast call, but they still had opportunity (3 of them) to prevent the loss.

LSU had a chance to beat us at he end of our game but they didn't throw into the end zone. You lose, go home.

OU GOT ROBBED PURE AND SIMPLE!!

If PI is called against Bowe LSU is NOT in scoring position!! TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS!!

OU GOT ROBBED PURE AND SIMPLE!!

You say they got robbed. I disagree. I say they got a REALLY bad call and had not put themselves in a position to win in spite of those calls. Just a difference of opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bottom line is the fact that if OU would not have let Oregan score, there would not have been an onside kick to dispute. If OU would have stopped Oregan after they "recovered" the onside kick, there would have been no issue. If OU would have made that field goal, there would be no issue. Anybody seeing the pattern here or is it just me.

I will spell it out in big letters:

OU HAD A BAD CALL, BUT OU STILL CONTROLLED THEIR OWN DESTINY IN THIS GAME. QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND MOVE ON.

Guess that may be hard to do when their on school president is being all stupid about it too. Shouldn't he bee worrying himself about the academics and staying out of this. Is it just me or does this make OU's academics seem laughable when the president is sounding off about a blown call in a football game?

Bottom line is the fact that if OU would not have let Oregan score, there would not have been an onside kick to dispute. If OU would have stopped Oregan after they "recovered" the onside kick, there would have been no issue. If OU would have made that field goal, there would be no issue. Anybody seeing the pattern here or is it just me.

I will spell it out in big letters:

OU HAD A BAD CALL, BUT OU STILL CONTROLLED THEIR OWN DESTINY IN THIS GAME. QUIT WHINING ABOUT IT AND MOVE ON.

Guess that may be hard to do when their on school president is being all stupid about it too. Shouldn't he bee worrying himself about the academics and staying out of this. Is it just me or does this make OU's academics seem laughable when the president is sounding off about a blown call in a football game?

They were not suppose to be on defense, so technically they would not have given up a score. The game would have ended with the clock running out.

how can anyone argue that ou didn't get screwed. Those two calls were two of the worst calls with no doubt surrounding whether or not they should be overturned. Officials are supposed to call the game, not reverse the outcome. Regardless of what happened after the penalties oregon should have never been in position to be on offense towards the end of that game.

Archived