Auburn Progress

Rusty

Hello everyone and War Eagle! I think we have played pretty well so far, but this game we need to show some improvement. CTT over the past few years has had his teams play better and better as the year goes on. I would like to see our receivers really step it up this week. These past few game have made me realize how good Obamanu, Aromashado, and mix were. How are you guys feeling going into the middle of the season about our offense? I think our defense will get better as our players come back and our young players continue to get playing time. I have also been impressed with Merrill Johnson.

I have been hard on our receivers all year. They aren't great at getting open in the secondary just yet.. but hopefully that will change. Cox has had nobody to throw to, especially if CT was double covered, which resulted in a lot of coverage sacks.

I'm kind of confused with all this talk about Auburn needing to improve and really having to show up for this game against USC. Auburn's 4-0 last I checked, fresh off a win vs a top team. Auburn plays killer defense, runs a mean ground game and passes when it wants to keep the defense honest. Why are we trying to change that with all this "improve our passing numbers" stuff? As long as Auburn concentrates on the team in front of them and takes care of business, what more can you ask for?

Well.. IMO, we need to get our passing game working. We aren't going to be able to win 7-3 games all year. Our defense won't have the luck of overthrown balls (which Russell was consistent at against us) with Florida. In 2004, when we were down (rarely) in the 1st half, we were able to kick it in to high gear and take the game. This year, I havn't seen it yet. We are eventually going to need that part of our offense.

I have been hard on our receivers all year. They aren't great at getting open in the secondary just yet.. but hopefully that will change. Cox has had nobody to throw to, especially if CT was double covered, which resulted in a lot of coverage sacks.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29323#

In 2004, when we were down (rarely) in the 1st half, we were able to kick it in to high gear and take the game. This year, I havn't seen it yet. We are eventually going to need that part of our offense.

Auburn only had 2 passing touchdowns from behind that I can recall over LSU, Ole Miss, and Alabama, the only three games we trailed in the first half back in 2004.

I wont say improve i will say play a complete game. We ahve run to win =WSU we have passed to win+MSU and we have done just enough to win=LSU ( do you all realize Ub was the first non state school WSU,LSU,MSU). So not to speak for everyone but I think that is what we are all getting at. We are 4-0 and are #2 we are just greedy and want all Cylinders clicking going in to a Big road SEC game!

Yeah, but also in some games, getting out to a 24-7 or 31-7 lead at halftime prevents that. I don't think we have that capability this year, atleast yet. So we will probably be in those situations more. But who knows, I hope they prove me wrong.

Archived