Pushing Michigan

CircleDrill

I don't understand the push that Michigan is getting by ESPN. What have they done? They beat a mediocre, overhyped Notre Dame team that has absolutely ZERO defense. A Notre Dame that got their arse handed to them for four quarters by Michigan State and barely escaped. A Notre Dame team that gives up 21 FREAKING POINTS to Purdue. Yet, it seems that you often hear commentators saying Michigan should be number 2.

Well, here is my rant.

We had to sit out in 2004 for one reason and one reason only... we did not start high enough in the polls. Well, this year we started high enough, and we have not lost. Until the day that we lose, they should be talking about what we are DOING and what Michigan is DOING...NOT how Michigan should be over us in the polls.

We deserved a shot more than Oklahoma did in 2004 and we did not get that shot because we started too low. In 2006, it's somebody else's turn to sit out. It's not going to be Michigan because Ohio State is going to dismantle them on November 18. But if it comes down to someone having to sit out, it should be USC just on principle.

I am so frikin tired of listening to Auburn fans complain about the poll crap. Please leave 2004 behind. Join the 2006 season, enjoy it! Thursday's game against South Carolina was one of the best games to watch I've seen all year. Very entertaining.

why don't we just worry about winning 1 game at time, which is going to be difficult enough as it is with the bullseye on our backs.

Who cares if michigan is ranked #2. Please let them do it. The only reason ESPN is hyping michigan is so they can have a 1-2 showdown when OSU plays Michigan in November. Great I say. One of those teams is going bye-bye after that one.

Herbstreit currently is pushing this top 5. osu, michigan, florida, auburn, usc.........in that order. Works for me. All we have to do is take care of our business & we will be in the #2 or possibly #1 slot.

I respect the Hell out of AU but AU and Mich are in the same boat if you are saying that UM hasn't played anyone......Who has AU played? WSU? Buffalo? and South Car(27-20 to Wofford) and yes Im aware that Auburn beat LSWHO but thats the only team.....Notre Dame matches up against LSWHIMP pretty well. And I agree let 2004 DIE!!! focus on this season

I respect the Hell out of AU but AU and Mich are in the same boat if you are saying that UM hasn't played anyone......Who has AU played? WSU? Buffalo? and South Car(27-20 to Wofford) and yes Im aware that Auburn beat LSWHO but thats the only team.....Notre Dame matches up against LSWHIMP pretty well. And I agree let 2004 DIE!!! focus on this season

I know you say let 2004 die, but the biggest difference between us and them is we started over ten spots ahead of them and they're looking to jump us already.

It's not fair no matter how you try to spin it.

Notre dame matches up well with LSUs second team maybe!! They play some of the worst Defense in the top 10. I too belive that we should play the games and let the chips fall where they may but Notre Dame gets no love here!!!!!!

Bring on the bacon

ONE at a Time!!!!!!!!

Why Michigan

Nov 18th, yes the Iron Bowl, but Michigan and Ohio State play that day.

ABC/ESPN will show the game. They want the 1 vs. 2 for ratings!!!!!

I thought it was interesting listening to the "clowns" the other night when Herbi said

that if FLA beats LSU, Auburn, and UGA then they would play for the MNC.

Auburn has beat LSU, and will play FLA and UGA. They did not mention that if we run the table, we would deserve to play for it.

Let's just beat the Hogs and then move on to the next game.

WDE

To be honest, I would say that Michigan is probably a top five team and, out of all the teams ranked in the top ten, I would say that right now, they're playing at the number 2 level. Auburn is a good team, with alot of talent and we're getting better, but we're not playing to our full potential. Thursday night was a prime example of that. We made mistakes, we had people injured, and I think that our players just underestimated SC. We'll be much better against Arkansas. Even if we had beaten the gamecocks by 20 points, I would not have believed that Auburn was a number two team. I'm reserving that judgement until after we play Florida.

Michigan however is showing up for every game. They're playing great in every game. Notre Dame may be overrated but Michigan still destroyed them as they beat Minnesota last night on the road. Right now, they're playing like the number two team in the nation. Until I see Auburn's full potential on the field, and it won't happen in just one game, I won't think we're that good.

USC is nowhere near a number two quality team. They don't have that spark that you need. Talent wise they're good, but they're beatable. I think that even though Notre Dame is overrated, they will beat the Trojans come November. West Virginia, well, I think we all know that the Mountaineers are way below a top ten team quality.

We'll see just how good Auburn is against Arkansas, Florida, and Tulane. Yes, Tulane. IF we can beat the Hogs and the Gators, and we show up against Tulane, play hard like champions, don't overlook the game, etc, then I think, we have a legitimate NC contender team. The Florida game is like the 04' Tennessee game for us this year. It will be the defining moment of the season. IF we can beat them, it means a whole lot of media coverage for us, providing that the Gators are still ranked somewhere near the top ten, and it will show just how good this team can be. LSU was just the first test.

But, lets just keep our eyes on the prize. Stay focused on the next game. The Hogs will give us some trouble. Hopefully, our guys will be focused and ready to play.

Ryan

the Little piggies are all that matter ONE at a time!

by the way Lsu would beat Notre Dame by 35 and Michigan by 21 just in case you havent noticed Lsu has the most talent of any team in the country!

Michigan beat the media darling Nd so they take there place for a tv made 1-2 matchup

We had to sign to play Buffalo because, I think, that would have been the week we were to play Southern Miss. They had a scheduling conflict with Conf USA and had to cancel. Another reason is due to having a 12 game schedule with the rule changes like they are. The higher ups at Auburn don't like to spend a whole lot of money when it comes to scheduling games for football. I understand that the USC Trojan deal was more of a 50/50 split (and thats why we did that one) from what I have heard. So, don't worry about schedules, etc. Everyone (the team, us, etc) just needs to do their jobs, concentrate, and have some fun. The schedule is what it is. We have to live with it now.

War Eagle! :au:

I don't understand the push that Michigan is getting by ESPN. What have they done? They beat a mediocre, overhyped Notre Dame team that has absolutely ZERO defense. A Notre Dame that got their arse handed to them for four quarters by Michigan State and barely escaped. A Notre Dame team that gives up 21 FREAKING POINTS to Purdue. Yet, it seems that you often hear commentators saying Michigan should be number 2.

Well, here is my rant.

We had to sit out in 2004 for one reason and one reason only... we did not start high enough in the polls. Well, this year we started high enough, and we have not lost. Until the day that we lose, they should be talking about what we are DOING and what Michigan is DOING...NOT how Michigan should be over us in the polls.

We deserved a shot more than Oklahoma did in 2004 and we did not get that shot because we started too low. In 2006, it's somebody else's turn to sit out. It's not going to be Michigan because Ohio State is going to dismantle them on November 18. But if it comes down to someone having to sit out, it should be USC just on principle.

I know that ND is NOT in the big 10...but they might as well be, as far as those talking heads are concerned. That said, Meeeechigan is the big 10 flavor of the week, because Notre Dam*ed lost. Simple as that. Those guys are big 10, ND homers.

:au::homer:

You should definitely stop smoking crack.

I am so frikin tired of listening to Auburn fans complain about the poll crap. Please leave 2004 behind. Join the 2006 season, enjoy it! Thursday's game against South Carolina was one of the best games to watch I've seen all year. Very entertaining.

why don't we just worry about winning 1 game at time, which is going to be difficult enough as it is with the bullseye on our backs.

Who cares if michigan is ranked #2. Please let them do it. The only reason ESPN is hyping michigan is so they can have a 1-2 showdown when OSU plays Michigan in November. Great I say. One of those teams is going bye-bye after that one.

Herbstreit currently is pushing this top 5. osu, michigan, florida, auburn, usc.........in that order. Works for me. All we have to do is take care of our business & we will be in the #2 or possibly #1 slot.

That's right the polls don't matter (see DKW's thread "To the Auburn Family, Part I and Part II). As he says this is Division I college football, the polls do matter if you want in the big dance, which is a goal of AU and CTT. Yes the SEC Championship is a goal, but not the only goal....AND YES, we are taking it one game at a time, but that doesn't mean we can't talk about the polls and the bias or whatever. If you don't want to hear about the polls or discuss them get off this board or don't respond to these threads!!!!!!!

I promise you these guys have their eyes on the SEC championship, the MNC, and are taking it one game at a time to reach that goal!!!!!!! We are ranked high, if we keep on winning, yes everything will (maybe) fall into place, but what if we win out and get jumped over by an undefeated L'ville or Michigan, and don't get another shot at the MNC THAT WE WILL DESERVE, not b/c of getting left out of it in 2004 (which could very well get us in it), but b/c we proved it on the field winning all our games.

I'm tired of the AU fans whining about the AU fans TRYING to discuss the polls and interrupting the thread with their rants about how the polls don't matter. This is for you DKW!!

the whiner line is now officially open.

you know why michigan is getting the hype is because they are playing a complete game. sure they played and won against an overrated notre dame but they did not escape a loss from a 3-2 unranked south carolina team who nearly got by wofford.

i don't know about you the last time i checked auburn was ahead of michigan and will continue to be as long as auburn keeps winning.

check calendars: it is 2006 not 2004

You should definitely stop smoking crack.

:roflol: Quinn would quit against that D!

Archived