Hey SouthLink...are UGA fans pulling for UF today?

CarolinaTiger

Hey SL, or anyone else...

I haven't looked at potential tiebreakers, but wouldn't UGA fans be pulling for the gators today? hoping they stay undefeated until the cocktail party?

if both AU and UGA beat the gators, then that'll give UT the head-to-head advantage vs. you all, right?

of course, this all presumes UGA and UT win out. and given you still have to play AUBURN, we both know that ain't gonna happen... ;)

seriously, what are UGA fans hoping for between AU & UF?

likewise, i imagine UT fans are aubies this weekend?

my HUGEST apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.

ct

No, I Live in Georiga every UGA fan I work with is rooting for Auburn, but they are deliousional and think they will beat us I am sure

uga has 1 loss already. The dawgs need uf to lose twice, and should be pulling for Auburn. Uga must then beat auburn and win out to make it to Atlanta.

but rap, if UT doesn't lose again, (and who's left that's gonna beat them? do they play LSU?), then UGA loses that head to head.

perhaps they hope UF loses to us and UT loses to the tide or LSU or vandy (again).

i guess, upon further reflection, they don't care what happens between us & UF w.r.t. atlanta...as long as UT loses again, they control their own destiny.

but rap, if UT doesn't lose again, (and who's left that's gonna beat them? do they play LSU?), then UGA loses that head to head.

perhaps they hope UF loses to us and UT loses to the tide or LSU or vandy (again).

It's really quite simple for a uga fan ( but then, isn't it always ? :poke: ) You want the team ahead of you in the division race to lose. Period. Uga has 1 loss already, and has yet to play auburn and florida. The best uga can hope for now is to win out, and hope other teams help ( like auburn beatin' florida, and somone beatin' ut ) Until the standings change, right now uga wants uf and ut to lose in conference, preferably to a division opponent.

Most are pulling for AU. Obviously, UF having as many losses as possible helps UGA.

BUT, BUT, BUT

Another large group wants UF to win just so we can knock off their undefeated season. I understand this line as well. The 2002 UGA loss to UF was the worst loss I ever took.....ever.

We were undefeated and I believe top 3-4 in the country. We were ahead of Ohio State AND we would have gone ahead of them to play Miami in the NC game had we won.

We were like 0-5,606,069,066 on 3rd down conversions that game and we had a much better team and still lost.

Wow, that was bad.

well, nevermind. sorry SL.

i still think that if UF lost to Auburn and to UGA, and UT and UGA had run the table, then UT > UGA on the basis of last week, whereas UGA would at least have a chance based on some tiebreaker otherwise.

obviously UGA has bigger worries than the AU/UF game now.

ct

I'm in on this alittle late considering what happened to UGA and in our game. Where I live most UGA fans REALLY hate UF. They are the closest thing UGA has to an AU-UA rivalry. Most of the Dawgs I know would pull for ANYBODY over UF.

Archived