Best one loss team

AU!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/espnu/index

the poll here says that the world thinks Auburn is the best one loss team with 48% of the votes amongst Auburn, Cal, Tennessee, and Notre Dame.

The only states that have a majority vote for cal were Washington, Oregon, and California

The only states with a majority for ND are the Dakotas, Indiana, and Vermhamshire

The only state to pick UT is, of course, Tennessee.

It's uncanny that Big 10 states such as Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa all chose Auburn over Notre Dame, that Pac 10 states such as Hawaii, and Arizona chose Auburn over Cal, and that people who live closer to Los Angelos, South Bend, and Knoxville than they do to Auburn (by a long shot) aren't even doubting who's the best here. And thats the confidence we get without a single offensive touchdown this past weekend.

Just a couple numbers in the states in which Auburn did not recieve a majority vote...

California 25%, thats right 25% of people IN CALIFORNIA think auburn is better than Cal

Indiana 27%

Tennessee 20%

In fact the largest difference in percentage was in vermont, where 71% picked Notre Dame and 21% picked Auburn.

I suppose we can't argue that we're not receiving media attention anymore boys, Auburn is in the Nat'l spotlight and the schedule is on a downward slope. With a little luck, anything can happen.

It's uncanny that Big 10 states such as Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa all chose Auburn over Notre Dame, that Pac 10 states such as Hawaii, and Arizona chose Auburn over Cal, and that people who live closer to Los Angelos, South Bend, and Knoxville than they do to Auburn (by a long shot) aren't even doubting who's the best here. And thats the confidence we get without a single offensive touchdown this past weekend.

I think the Big Ten and the SEC are alot alike. More than any other conferences even. I think the SEC is better top to bottom, but the style of play is much the same as well. I think there is a mutual respect between the fans of oth confefrences and they both probably feel the same about ND and the pac-10 too.

I think the Big Ten and the SEC are alot alike. More than any other conferences even. I think the SEC is better top to bottom, but the style of play is much the same as well. I think there is a mutual respect between the fans of oth confefrences and they both probably feel the same about ND and the pac-10 too.

I always thought the Big 10 would think of Notre Dame as almost a part of it seeing as ND is always playing big name big10 opponents (mich, mich state, etc...) I would think that big 10 fans would be more subjective and biased for ND. But I do agree that I feel a respect for most big 10 teams that i don't feel for other conferences.

Archived