Tate Time

jw 4 au

-- TATE TIME: True freshman tailback Ben Tate is likely to play in the second half of the season, offensive coordinator Al Borges said Thursday, echoing comments by Tuberville earlier in the week.

Tate has not played since the Buffalo game in week 4 and is still eligible to take a medical redshirt if he comes down with an injury.

I was glad to hear earlier in the week that Tate would play against Tulane, but it sounds like they may use him more the rest of the season! I was wondering why, if we killed his redshirt oppotunity, he was not getting at least a few touches each game. I am sure he will do well this weekend, but I want to see him against some SEC guys. That is unless he get injurred with turf toe or something this weekend (wink, wink) and has to take a medical redshirt. B)

As long as he had only particpated in 3 of the first 6 games he could have received a medical redshirt. The Buffalo game was the last game Tate played in, which was his third game. CTT intended to redshirt him unless there was an injury issue, which is the case now.

Once he took one snap, he could not redshirt but could medical redshirt as long as he only played in 3 of the first 6 games.

I'm just glad he'll get some more playing time and experience before next year when he and Brad Lester have to shoulder the load. Not only Kenny Irons, but Tre Smith will be gone too--leaves us with a LOT of talent at RB, but very little experience. With Carl Stewart playing "F"-back /fullback, that leaves only Brad with significant experience at straight running back next year.

I'm glad we have used Carl as we have so far, with our abundance of talent at the RB positions since he's been here, but I would really like to see him as our RB more. I think he could really do well if he got more touches at the true RB position. I like his size too.

WDE :au:

Archived