LSU STRENGTH COACH ARRESTED

saniflush

IS illegal in Louisianna.

Link

LSU Strength Coach Arrested

An LSU Police investigation that already netted one arrest has now gone inside the University. 9News has confirmed that assistant LSU strength and conditioning coach, Travelle Gaines, has been arrested for violation of sports agent laws. This is a felony in Louisiana. The charges also violate NCAA regulations.

Two weeks ago Charles Taplin of Houston, Texas was arrested for talking to LSU football players about signing as a client for an agent Taplin was representing. Now that the University has been implicated, it's unclear at this point how this will affect the football teams status this year.

A news release with the details on Gaines's arrest is expected to be released early this afternoon.

9News will have more on this breaking story at 9News at Noon.

IS illegal in Louisianna.

Link

An LSU Police investigation that already netted one arrest has now gone inside the University. 9News has confirmed that assistant LSU strength and conditioning coach, Travelle Gaines, has been arrested for violation of sports agent laws. This is a felony in Louisiana. The charges also violate NCAA regulations.

Two weeks ago Charles Taplin of Houston, Texas was arrested for talking to LSU football players about signing as a client for an agent Taplin was representing. Now that the University has been implicated, it's unclear at this point how this will affect the football teams status this year.

A news release with the details on Gaines's arrest is expected to be released early this afternoon.

9News will have more on this breaking story at 9News at Noon.

Hmm...I though you could get away with anything in LA, as long as you weren't running naked through the street swinging a bloody axe.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Actually, the only thing that can keep you from being elected governor in Louisiana is being caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

http://wafb.com/

An LSU Police investigation that already netted one arrest has now

gone inside the University. 9News has confirmed that assistant LSU

strength and conditioning coach, Travelle Gaines, has been arrested

for violation of sports agent laws. This is a felony in Louisiana.

The charges also violate NCAA regulations.

Two weeks ago Charles Taplin of Houston, Texas was arrested for

talking to LSU football players about signing as a client for an

agent Taplin was representing. Now that the University has been

implicated, it's unclear at this point how this will affect the

football teams status this year.

A news release with the details on Gaines's arrest is expected to be

released early this afternoon.

http://wafb.com/

An LSU Police investigation that already netted one arrest has now

gone inside the University. 9News has confirmed that assistant LSU

strength and conditioning coach, Travelle Gaines, has been arrested

for violation of sports agent laws. This is a felony in Louisiana.

The charges also violate NCAA regulations.

Two weeks ago Charles Taplin of Houston, Texas was arrested for

talking to LSU football players about signing as a client for an

agent Taplin was representing. Now that the University has been

implicated, it's unclear at this point how this will affect the

football teams status this year.

A news release with the details on Gaines's arrest is expected to be

released early this afternoon.

Saw that...and all I can say is..."Stupid is, as stupid does."...and LSU is probably going on probation. And that stinks because it blackens the eye of the SEC yet again...and hurts a great football program.

:au::homer:

How come USC can "buy" players and their families with not even a slap on the wrist and LSU goes on probation? :(

Well this just absolutely breaks my heart. :roflol:

I've heard a few other rumors about LSU playin dirty recently. This could get interesting.

i doubt they will be in trouble. IF the guy got arrested then there is no cover up. I think lsu stopped this before something worse occured. Until there is proof that it has been going on for a while and players have been paid then good job LSU for arresting this scumbag

Well there is another article that just came out on espn and a new orleans paper that claims that this coach invited 2 players over to his apartment where this agent was. Apparently, these 2 players did not know an agent would be there. So that keeps them in the clear. They have been cooperating with authorities.

I mean it's not like we gave a players parents a house and sent montly payments to his little brother or anything.

Here's an update:

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — An assistant strength coach for LSU was arrested for violating state law by inviting student athletes to his home to meet a sports agent and suggesting the agent should represent the athletes, LSU police said Tuesday.

Travelle Ernest Gaines, 26, of Port Allen, surrendered to university police and was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish prison, the university said in a statement.

It was the second arrest in two weeks connected to the school about violations of the law regulating sports agents in Louisiana, the university said. Gaines had been employed with the athletic department since July.

LSU said the student athletes invited to Gaines' home didn't realize an agent would be there, and the university said there was no evidence that the student athletes violated the law.

University police arrested sports agent Charles Taplin, of Houston, earlier this month for attempting to contact student athletes. LSU said notes and a cell phone gathered during Taplin's arrest, combined with interviews with several student athletes, pointed to Gaines as assisting Taplin.

"At LSU, we will not tolerate this predatory behavior, and in particular we will not abide those who seek to infiltrate our athletic department. Our student athletes and coaches provided authorities with the information they needed to make this arrest," LSU Chancellor Sean O'Keefe said in a statement released by the school.

LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman said he was pleased university police acted on the information so quickly.

Miles' reputation heading to LSU was shady at best

But, I must admit that I haven't heard anything shady about him in the last year and a half.

Surprising

wasn't Auburn getting investigated for something WAY more serious than this not too long ago :rolleyes: ?So you have no room to talk about dirty

Whats funny is that USC fans are acting like what we did is on the same level of what they did :lol:

My impression from reading this was that this guy got the job in the athletic department just to steer players to this agent. He had only worked there since July - you do the math. The LSU police - meaning the CAMPUS police, not local PD - are the ones that made the arrest, which means the University was involved. You could safely assume from that connection that the players reported the incident to the athletic department.

So:

1. LSU shouldn't be in ANY kind of trouble. In fact, that is an great example of how it is SUPPOSED to work.

and

2. This is NOTHING like the crap USC gets away with.

wasn't Auburn getting investigated for something WAY more serious than this not too long ago

what are you talkin about? Some easy classes?!?! pfffttttt....yeah, we are the only school in the world that offers some easy classes. That is incredibly serious.

I do agree with you about USC. They could get away with murder right now. It sickens me. :puke:

How come USC can "buy" players and their families with not even a slap on the wrist and LSU goes on probation? :(

:poke: Because they pay the MAN the right amount of HUSH money... :poke:

well i'm glad that this happened the way it was supposed to if the players really reported this to the athletic dpt. that speaks highly of the players' character.

I know that in the summer before school starts at LSU, when the band returns for band camp, those students who live in West Campus apartments (in certain buildings of it) can't move in until after school starts because the football players are living there. There was a long list of students this year who couldn't move in. These are the newest and nicest apartments on campus. Seems like favoritism to me, also one year, they (football players) all had motor scooters to use to get around campus. Don't know if any of this is against the rules, but I thought football players weren't supposed to get that much special treatment if it affects other students.

I know that in the summer before school starts at LSU, when the band returns for band camp, those students who live in West Campus apartments (in certain buildings of it) can't move in until after school starts because the football players are living there. There was a long list of students this year who couldn't move in. These are the newest and nicest apartments on campus. Seems like favoritism to me, also one year, they (football players) all had motor scooters to use to get around campus. Don't know if any of this is against the rules, but I thought football players weren't supposed to get that much special treatment if it affects other students.

KEEP DIGGIN' BUDDY.......LAMEST ATTEMPT AT SMACK I'VE SEEN ON HERE IN A LOOOOOOONG TIME <_<<_<

KEEP DIGGIN' BUDDY.......LAMEST ATTEMPT AT SMACK I'VE SEEN ON HERE IN A LOOOOOOONG TIME <_<<_<

I think her son is actually a member of LSU's band, and that wasn't smack but more like facts that her son has witnessed (or might be her daughter).

wasn't Auburn getting investigated for something WAY more serious than this not too long ago :rolleyes: ?So you have no room to talk about dirty

Whats funny is that USC fans are acting like what we did is on the same level of what they did :lol:

Did you actually read the article or just the headlines?

The guy that did all the talking even said that no NCAA violations happened, he admitted he used the football players to get his story out cause noone would care if Joe took a easy class in sociology so he had a good GPA to apply to law school with.

First of all, notice the moniker, ARTLADY!! I wasn't digging for anything, just stating a fact. My son goes to LSU and is a member of the band. They were told they could not move into their apartments until a week after school started because the football players were using them for their camp dorms. WCA is the newest and nicest place on campus. They could have housed them in that nasty Kirby Smith dorm. So go on with your lamest attempt at smack stuff, what I say is truth, I know because I have first hand knowledge. I was there and so is my son. I am sure other schools do this too, but this thread was about LSU. :puke:

Archived