Clemson/VT game...shows the "fickleness" of college football

Ranger12

Georgia Tech puts the beatdown on VT.

Clemson puts the beatdown on Georgia Tech.

VT is putting the beatdown on Clemson.

So, going by those three games, which team is the better team? :lol:

Before Clemson and GT played each other last week, I thought GT was the better team, especially after what they did to VT. Then Clemson pounds GT and so I naturally figure Clemson is the better ACC team afterall. Now tonight VT makes me have to think about that again.

Like edgecy said, the ACC has gotten pretty murky. With VT beating Clemson, you know have lowly Miami still in the hunt. Then in the other division you have freakin' Wake Forest and Boston College leading that division.

Before Clemson and GT played each other last week, I thought GT was the better team, especially after what they did to VT. Then Clemson pounds GT and so I naturally figure Clemson is the better ACC team afterall. Now tonight VT makes me have to think about that again.

Like edgecy said, the ACC has gotten pretty murky. With VT beating Clemson, you know have lowly Miami still in the hunt. Then in the other division you have freakin' Wake Forest and Boston College leading that division.

This is why AU can't look past the Rebels. No joke. Orgeron may be a YouTube rube, but... anything can happen.

This is why AU can't look past the Rebels. No joke. Orgeron may be a YouTube rube, but... anything can happen.

My friend, you caught my reason for posting this. :thumbsup:

So wannabee sportswriters

Why and Where do you rank them?

Current Coaches Poll: (Yes records are current)

Clemson(7-2) 11

VT (6-2) 30

GT (5-2) 21 (Plays UM, for arguement sake let us say they win, by 14 at home)

I was thinking about suggesting to the TDA Bowl controllers that they try to include as many Thursday night games as possible - just to make watching them more interesting. However, after now avoiding a bad pick, I realize how great of a job they do! :cheer: Thanks for the omission. :thumbsup:

I still think Clemson has one of the better teams in the ACC. What killed Clemson last night was the fact that Proctor could not hit the broad side of the barn. I know of at least 4 or 5 passes that were no where close to the WR or RB. He had a horrible night. In the first half, he had burned all of Clemson's TO within the first 8 minutes of the 1st Quarter. VT just sat down on the Clemson run game and shut down the Clemson O.

Applying this to the SEC. This is why you always have to be ready. The ACC is more on a level field this year than ever before.

Georgia Tech puts the beatdown on VT.

Clemson puts the beatdown on Georgia Tech.

VT is putting the beatdown on Clemson.

and GT putting the beatdown on us (2005).

and AU putting the beatdown on VT (2004).

and Clemson is the grandson school of AU.

Everyone wins!

i just want to hear the gameday crew talk about it after they were all over clemson's jock after last week. They had already crowned spiller and davis as the next brown/williams or white/bush

It looked like Clemson came out with a will to win, but after that nice drive for a score, went into slow mode. They looked like we did v/s the :arky: . Slow and out of sync. Plus.................... THROW ON 1st DOWN!

Either way, the ACC is all but crazy, and we need to look at this as an example of:

ONE GAME AT A TIME!

Beat the Rebs!

One of the features I liked about the late "Leonard's Losers" program/column was his ""Round They Go" listings which were the three-team circles (a la VT/Clem/GT).

There is always an amazing number of them every season.

The one I want to see this season is Auburn/Arkansas/LSU.

Archived