Defense

PowerI

I hope our defense can step up this game and stop the run. I know Ole Miss is not supposed to have much of an offense, but they seemed to run all over bammer. It seems our defense has had a hard time stopping the run and pass this season except for LSU and the second half of the Florida game.

The LB's need to do a much better job of filling the gaps. It doesn't help that Mcfadden is bigger than Dede either, but we weren't getting to him until he was several yards downfield, and when you give him that, you're in trouble. And I think they were being tentative against Ark and Fla until Tubs lit a fire under em. Groves and the rest of the D came alive. They need to be more aggressive to the ball. Don't get carried away and overpursue, but go directly to the ball hard. It looked like we were waiting for Ark to come to us. And the 1st half with Fla we just didn't know where to go.

Biggest problem of this season. No Fire!!! And this is with the lower tier temas we have faced. We could have one of the best ds in the country if we would stand up and fight instead of wait for the fight to be taken to us! We have looked good in the 2 big games of the year but we have struggled when we are supposed to win. If we come out fired up on d this weekend Ole sis has no chance! Brent remember what happend last time you saw AU????? Can you say treated like a used up ______ (insert duragatory phrase)????

Archived