BRANDON REMINDS ME OF........

Favre 10 years ago. The way he spread the ball around Saturday was Favre-like. I know he does not scramble of throw it 100 mph like BF but when Favre was great @ 10 years ago he was spreading it around. That takes a mentally sharp QB to understand his offense enough to spread it so much. I counted 7 diff. receivers. Good job Brandon.

Brandon's decision making as vastly improved. But his arm strength is horrible. It seems like 90% of his passes are thrown behind the receivers. The one time he finally throws it ahead of a receiver, he throws an INT (against Ole Miss). But maybe someone can explain that to me whether or not that is arm strength or accuracy.

ONly other terrible pass I saw ,other than the INT, was the passs to Guess that would've been a TD!

He definately is close to his late `05 self...finally.

His disease would keep him out of the NFL no matter how good his stats are.

Brett Favre is one of the best QB's in NFL history. I think the comparison is over the top to say the least. I like Brandon as much as the next AU fan but I'm just trying to keep it real.

Brett Favre is one of the best QB's in NFL history. I think the comparison is over the top to say the least. I like Brandon as much as the next AU fan but I'm just trying to keep it real.

ditto! i would venture to say nix and white were better than cox.

Brandon Cox Favre-like? I love BC... but he's not even a mile within Favre's league. I do love that he's spreading the ball around. And if there's a quarterback in the NFL that Brandon reminds me of, speaking strictly in terms of spreading the ball, would be Tom Brady. It's no secret that Tom Brady passes to at least 6-7 receivers each week.

Yeah, not sure I'm buying that one. I think Brandon is a good SEC QB, not a great one, and I think Favre is one of the NFL's all-time best. Cox still has another year and hopefully he will get even better, but I think that comparison is premature at best.

Also I think their styles are pretty different. Favre is a gun-slinger. He goes for a lot of "dangerous" passes. So he gets a lot of TDs, but also a lot of INT's. Brandon is much more deliberate. Was that interception yesterday the first of the season?

Okay. New forum rule. Any guy who uses the term "mancrush" on this board should be ejected immediately and have his name and address published in the newspaper.

I know it hasn't happened yet. But I feel a pre-emptive strike is in order. I've seen that disturbing term crop up on other boards, and just don't want it to sully ours.

I'm not sure about the Farve comparison either. Tom Brady seems a bit more accurate. Brady has never wow'd me, he's just a very heady player, that's Brandon.

Brandon has the demeanor of an NFL QB and his occasional flashes of being terrific suggest to me he's not nearly reached his potential. Maybe he's another Tom Brady in that respect and he'll come into his own next year.

Bret Favre has one of the strongest arms in the history of the game, big difference there so far (but throwing strength is one of the EASIEST parts of being a QB to develop).

BC has looked good the last couple weeks, be it against weak competition, but good none the less.

Overall for 2006 he has been a little bit of a disappointment (not a lot), mainly because of his inability to reckognize when the pocket is collapsing.

In no way would I compare him to Favre, but here's to hoping I'm wrong and he puts up a monster senior season.

WDE,

Michael

www.babyturbo.com

Archived