Will the SEC get 9 Bowl teams?

PChamp119

I realize it doesn't take much more than a hump on a camel's back to make a bowl game these days, but I noticed the SEC already has 7 teams bowl eligible. USC is only a MTSU win away from a bowl and UK needs to defeat La Monroe and Vandy to make it 9 teams! Would that be a first? I hope UK can make it. I felt so bad for Vandy not making it last year because of their loss to UK (not to mention the MTSU loss as well, but UK put the nail in the coffin). I'm sure Vandy will look for revenge

9 teams could be bowl eligible but unfortunately I don't think we will see 9 teams going to a bowl game. Some of these teams are just not "sexy" enough for bowl sponsors to make a killing.

be great to have 9 teams bowl eligble. no other conference could make that claim. Like y'all said though - they wouldn't take Kentucky if they made it. But still would be great to see 9 teams will 6 or more wins. The SEC is without a doubt the best conference out there.

There may be more eligible bowl teams this year due to the 12 game schedule - it gives the teams the ability to schedule one more patsy to help get to the magic 6. That being the case, there may be more 6/7 win appealing teams than the lowest rated sec team.

Archived