Tips for ttown

BamaGrad03

Thought id give you guys a heads up on campus to make it a little easier for you

First, driving down:

Coming from birmingham DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT take the McFarland Exit if you are coming in after 9 am. Take the next exit (its like I359 its the bypass). But there is an A and B dont take the one that goes towards moundville. Once you get on 359, go until it ends. It dumps you in downtown tuscaloosa. Stay straight until you get to the main intersection light (past all the fast food on the left) and take a right. (youll see where to take a right because youll either have to go right or take the bridge over the river into northport...dont take that bridge). That is university blvd. You can either take university all th wayin to campus...or shorten your drive even more:

Take a left at the first redlight. Its in front of the amsouth building and almost immediately after the right....when you get to the bottom of the hill, go right. Its kind of like a veer right and you dont have much of a choice. That puts you on jack warner parkway. Go about 1.5 miles (i guess) until you get to a red light that is across from where a lot of people park at the river. Youll see RVs and an intersection with a red light. Turn right there...you are now in the back side of campus.

Here's where you want to park if you get in a little late:

map.gif

If you park on the back side (red circles)...you can get out the back way (just follow traffic back to jack warner pkwy)...take a left and it will take you to 359 (just follow traffic and the signs). If you get on mcfarland after the game, you will be sitting in traffic for two solid hours. and it will take you about 3-3.5 to get to bham. If you go my way, youll be home in about 1.5 hrs.

Food:

Buffalo Phils is good food but will be packed. Get there early if you want in. The houndstooth is a great great bar and if you are in ttown on friday night, you need to stop by. If you head downtown (away from the strip on university) you need to check out 4th and 23rd or innisfree. If you are a little older and dont want to be around just college kids good bars are: the copper top (downtown), rhythm and brews (downtown)...on the strip egans, phils, and the tooth... sometimes. Ramma Jamma's by the stadium has one of the best bacon cheeseburgers on earth.

For those of you whove never been, check out the bryant museum. Its got a lot of old old stuff in it thats not just Bryant or Alabama...but historical stuff. Its cool. Lots of opposing fans have been and liked it.

If you want a quick bite and you are on campus, there will be plenty of vendors on the quad. And you can go to the feguson center on campus if you want to stop somewhere indoors and grab a coke or some fast food. They also have TVs in there everywhere so you can watch the games and catch up. (The ferguson center is covered up by the bottom half of the smaller circle on the map)

Archived