Has There Ever Been a Rivalry Game So Insignificant?

LegalEagle

. . . will be watched in about every home in Alabama.

It will determine bragging rights for another 365 days. Notice that Bammer fans are now finding it classless to brag after a victory. You don't suppose that has anything to do with the 4 straight years AU has thumped them do you?

It will be the first time since Shug's tenure that we have beaten Bammer 5 straight years.

This is the year the thumb will appear.

This will be the game that unfortunately will be Shula's last game in Tuskaloser.

This will be the game that will put Bammer on another long hunt for a head coach. Once again, after several decent coaches turn the Tide down, they'll find some kid who has an old picture of the Behr, and give him the job.

It will mean that AU stays, mathematically, in the hunt for the SEC Championship and a BCS bowl.

It will send Bammer to Shreveport for all the Crawdaddies they can choke down.

An Insignificant Rivalry Game??? That would be MI vs. OSU. Who in their right mind would schedule that game directly opposite AU/UA? *grin*

Well, when it comes to national rankings, it has lost its significance, chiefly because Alabama has dropped out of the national spotlight like a paralyzed falcon.

They're rapidly becoming the sad has-beens of college football, along with Minnesota, Syracuse, and SMU. They reek of mothballs, because that's where they keep all the tattered remnants of their college glory, to keep their heritage from becoming even more moth-eaten than it already is.

So that's why Auburn/Alabama has lost its luster outside this state.

I suppose probation and lack of scholarships didn't have any part in the drop of talent.

:blink:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz...and we'll still be hearing that 10 years from now.... :roflol:

:au::homer:

The insignificant rivalry game, in my eyes at least, is that stupid Ohio State-Michigan game. The important one is Auburn-Alabama. War Eagle!

This is the Iron Bowl boys! The most important game every year, each year and in future years! I am PUMPED UP! Just thought I should tell everyone that I am closing my T-Mobile store today at 1 to go watch the game!!!!!!!!!! How's that for being a fan? WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!

Getting ready to go watch the game. I've been out running errands this morning and let me tell you....Dothan, Alabama is completely colored in orange/blue & crimson/white. Everyone last night was wearing their colors and today, it's like you're on campus for the freakin' game. Folks are giving "War Eagles" and "Roll Tides" out left and right. I even lowered myself as I walked in one store. The lady ringing the Salvation Army bell (Who has never done more than shop there) was hollering, "Ho, ho, ho...Rooollll Tide". I couldn't help myself and walked over to the bucket and just said...

:thumbsup: "Fear the thumb, baby"

I felt like a 12 year old but what the hell, it's Iron Bowl gameday. :lol:

Archived