Spurrier to Miami (FL)

Mustain Ranch

if that is true.....wow, the gator faithful may disown the visor. ALso he probably will have to wipe the team clean and start over.

Can you blame him, coaching a top team in the ACC will be much easier than a medicore team in the SEC; and the weather is quite a bit warmer...

Anybody know anything about his buyout, if any, at USC? I've not seen that mentioned in all the rumors of him going elsewhere.

That's something that rarely comes up when discussing a coaching change at Bama. People know Shula's buyout is $3 Mill or so, but they hardly ever mention that any top coach they go after will likely have a similar buyout that Bama would have to pay to steal that coach. To get some of the big names I've heard them fantasize about (Spurrier, Petrino, Arizona's Stoops, etc), I'd bet they're really talking $5-$7 Mill in buyouts plus at least $2 million a year in salary.

The TIGERNET is going crazy with all this Spurrier talk....

We will have to wait and see. If Clemson gives them the thumb next Saturday, you may see him jet out of town. I think he's tired of the USuCk vibe already.

That is very interesting. Obviously Miami would want him, but would he leave SC? Definitely a better chance of winning at Miami, but I wonder where his quality of life would be better. I'd prefer for him to stay with the Cocks than to go to the Canes...

Not gonna happen. I think he'd stay at South Carolina simply because

1. He only has a few more years before he's said he's going to retire

2. He's been thru a similar situation and the Washington Redskins and hated it

3. The golf is MUCH better in South Carolina

No way in 1.34 million years.

He's already got the program turned in SC, and now its a matter of time. He righted that ship and is about to reap the benefits. Miami, right now, is looking like the Titanic. Spurrier wouldn't want to be in that mess.

Archived