A Great Iron Bowl Story

alexgreatau

Personally, I think that this is a great story and perfectly encapsulates the current state of affairs in the Auburn/Alabama annual rivalry. Allow me to give you some background information here.

My brother and sister-in-law married back in October of 2002, exactly one month before Auburn's five year winning streak against Alabama began.

My sister-in-law is from Indiania. She cares nothing for football. Basketball is her thing. In fact, she called my house before the last play against LSU this past September, wanted to talk about kitchen appliances or something of that nature, totally impervious to the happenings on the field. She'll call us during other games as well, just to talk about random stuff, other than football. So, you pretty much get the idea that she doesn't understand our passion for football.

Well, she went shopping yesterday during the game. She didn't watch any of the game. She returned to the house after the game was over. She arrived at the house in the presence of my brother and all of his exhuberance and joy after another Auburn victory in the Iron Bowl. My brother informed her that Auburn had won, 22-15.

After my brother had told her who had won, she responded by saying,

"Does Alabama ever beat Auburn?" Trust me, she asked this question with the air of utter indifference to the rivalry.

I thought that this episode was awesome and wanted to share it with you today.

War Eagle!!

High Five Baby!!

Archived