Buying Championships...

Raven_tiger

Let's look back and consider whether it's easy to just buy your way to a championship. Consider the NFL. Bill Parcell's is bought back to coach the Cowboy's. Parcell's (sure bet Hall of Fame coach) record in 4 years in Dallas: 34-30 with zero playoff wins. Joe Gibbs has been a disappointment in Washington. BTW the Atlanta Falcons had the highest payroll in 2006...

Let's look at MLB: The Yankee's enormous payroll, highest in MLB. Results: Haven't won a World Series since 2000. In fact in 2006 the team with the 11th highest payroll won the World Series. :blink: In fact, the AL Champs in 2006 were #14...

The point is, throwing money after players (even promising HS DLs) or coaches does not always equate to winning. I believe that the people @ the 3rd tier football program in the state will find that out soon enough. :thumbsup:

:au:

In fact in 2006 the team with the 11th highest payroll won the World Series.

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Let's look back and consider whether it's easy to just buy your way to a championship. Consider the NFL. Bill Parcell's is bought back to coach the Cowboy's. Parcell's (sure bet Hall of Fame coach) record in 4 years in Dallas: 34-30 with zero playoff wins. Joe Gibbs has been a disappointment in Washington. BTW the Atlanta Falcons had the highest payroll in 2006...

Let's look at MLB: The Yankee's enormous payroll, highest in MLB. Results: Haven't won a World Series since 2000. In fact in 2006 the team with the 11th highest payroll won the World Series. :blink: In fact, the AL Champs in 2006 were #14...

The point is, throwing money after players (even promising HS DLs) or coaches does not always equate to winning. I believe that the people @ the 3rd tier football program in the state will find that out soon enough. :thumbsup:

:au:

Did anybody see that Seahawks and Cowboys game this weekend!!??? Incredible finish!!! How appropriate that Tony Romo botched the FG hold and lost the game for them!!

And just look at how much they've been paying players at the Crapstone. Highest salary cap in the SEC and look where it's gotten them.

I'm just sayin'...

And just look at how much they've been paying players at the Crapstone. Highest salary cap in the SEC and look where it's gotten them.

I'm just sayin'...

of course. i mean, we all know that if a team does better than AU they are OBVIOUSLY cheating, right? i'm sure that will be the argument if :ua: does well this season anyways.

I'm just sayin'...

of course. i mean, we all know that if a team does better than AU they are OBVIOUSLY cheating, right?

I think AUesquire was refering to Bama, so your response doesn't make sense :poke:

He is just doing what the justice system does. Yall are on probation so he assumes that yall are still dirty.

Archived