Top 5 Most... Dumb... SEC Traditions

bigsixfive

Another long one with pics. Gets a jab at AU. The article is pretty funny though.

http://loserwithsocks.wordpress.com/2006/1...sec-traditions/

Brief synopsis:

Tennessee’s Vol Walk, State’s cowbells, Bama’s cheating. All important and time-honored traditions in the Southeastern Conference. But contrary to popular belief, not every one of the SEC’s pigskin rituals is great. Let’s take a look at the 5 most retarded traditions of our beloved conference.

(5) “insert word”-eaux

LSU country, while overpopulated with God-fearing, neo-fascist Republicans, reserves a special place in its heart for the Motherland - France. That’s right. France. Don’t let any of these ignorant buffoons attempt to explain it away. “Naw brotha. It ain’t da France, it’s Creole baby! Laissez les bon temps rouler!” Hey tardicus rex, that’s French.

(4) Bear Obsession

We all know the story. In 1714, a young Bear Bryant saved an entire orphanage from certain death by pissing on a 4 alarm blaze and putting it out. In 1776, he penned the Declaration of Independence. In 1887, he invented the car. And in 19-something, he won a bunch of football games.

The problem is that the Bear isn’t as hot as he used to be. He’s still got the touch, yes, but there are reports that he has begun to slip. Ex-assistants have grumbled about his playcalling, suggesting that there are times when the Bear won’t respond to questions or select a play for an entire game. Many have questioned his work ethic, as inside sources have revealed that he hasn’t shown up to work in over twenty years.

Bammers remain confident, however. They continue to believe that he is the key to returning to national prominence. Some think that Bama is taking advantage of an old man, some would say that Bama should let Bryant rest in peace. But to quote the Bear, as played by Tom Beringer, “He ain’t quitin”.

(3) The “woo” in Rocky Top

A personal subject, to be sure, and a contentious one at that. Rocky Top is a fantastic unofficial fight song. It encapsulates both the culture and landscape of the Smoky Mountains. More importantly, it is annoys opposing fans worse than a case of King Pubic Crabs.

(2) The rolling of Toomer’s Corner

Ahh, Auburn. Land of the hapless fan. If Auburn fans didn’t have football, they would just play Magic the Gathering. They would be content with simply owning a comic book store.

Kenny Irons, star running back and future biochemist, was asked in a recent interview about his favorite Auburn tradition. His response was more impressive than anything I could ever write: “The rolling of Toomer’s Corner because I had never experienced anything so amazing in my life. When I came to Auburn I saw all these people huddled around this tree and I was like ‘What is this?’ You have all of these people and they have all of this toilet paper. They have soft toilet paper and every kind of toilet paper and they are throwing it at a tree. I was like ‘Why are they throwing all of this toilet paper at a tree?’”

A fair question in my opinion.

(1) Ole Miss

I know what you are wondering. Which Ole Miss tradition is retarded?

All of ‘em.

From the 18 M.P.H. speed limit to the seersucker to “Hotty Toddy”, Ole Miss is the result of a retarded bomb going off in a piece of crap town populated with former high school beauty queens and Colonel Sanders.

(3) The “woo” in Rocky Top

A personal subject, to be sure, and a contentious one at that. Rocky Top is a fantastic unofficial fight song. It encapsulates both the culture and landscape of the Smoky Mountains. More importantly, it is annoys opposing fans worse than a case of King Pubic Crabs.

Wish that I was on ole Rocky Top

Down in the Tennessee Hills.

Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top,

Ain't no telephone bills.

Once I had a girl on Rocky Top,

Half bear the other half cat;Wild as a mink as sweet as soda pop,

I still dream about that.

CHORUS

Rocky Top, you'll always be,

Home sweet home to me.

Good ole Rocky Top,

Rocky Top Tennessee.

Once two strangers climbed ole Rocky Top,

Lookin' for a moonshine still.

Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top,

Reckon they never will.

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top,

Dirt's too rocky by far.

That's why all the folks on Rocky Top,

get their corn from a jar.

CHORUS

I've had years of cramped up city life;

Trapped like a duck in a pen.

All I know is it's a pity life,

Can't be simple again.

CHORUS

i'm not sayin, i'm just sayin

This dude is a total assclown. Ole Miss on gameday is pretty freaking cool.

Ole Miss gamedays are "ok"

Groove was good but not as great as I thought it would be....

But, I wouldn't put them #1 on this list...not many look at them as having strong, known, highly rated traditions...at least I dont think so

Archived