Similar to Simeon Castille?

townhallsavoy

I think most of us agree that the Simeon Castille ordeal was a bit over the top. He probably shouldn't have been arrested, and it was correct in not suspending him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3048220

The owner of the property called the whole thing a misunderstanding, saying Joiner had arranged to pay the $76 towing bill and pick up the car. But when no one was there to help Joiner, police said, he pushed a heavy electric gate open, got into the car and started to drive off.

Joiner stopped to close the gate and was confronted by a witness, who then called police. Teammate and fellow safety Kyle Jackson was waiting outside the gate, but was not arrested.

We don't know the full details yet, but to me, it seems like Joiner shouldn't have been arrested. If he was truly being a prick about getting the car out of the lot, why would he stop to shut the gate? I understand the cop arresting him - it sounds like the paying the $76 was an "under-the-table" deal. But should this really be a felony?

Not to spark another riot, but I thought it was pretty clear that "most of us" thought Castille was WAY out of line, and the arrest was deserved.

Archived