Independence Bowl Predictions

JohnDeere

petro sun

As UAT fans will tell you, the Independence bowl has ties to the SEC and Bix 12. But, given the opportunity the bowl will pick up the first service academy team that gets six wins. Army last playing in the bowl in 1996 against Auburn. Navy has 5 wins with the victory over Pitt last night. The Independence Bowl would be a big step up San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia (2005) and change of scenery from the Meineke Car Care (2006) which has a similar payout.

honor of the United States’ 200th birthday, and the strong military presence in the Shreveport-Bossier City area, the Sports Foundation’s board of directors felt that the name “Independence Bowl” would be a fitting tribute to the men and women who have fought for the United States’ freedom and independence.

During the first five years of the Bowl’s existence, it enjoyed a good working relationship with the Southland Conference (SLC) which provided the host team for the annual event.

So, it looks like Navy and a SEC school would be obvious choices(over a Big 12 school) with the historical tie-ins.

After watching Navy last night. Navy would match up really well against UAT.

UAT has shown the ability to buy up those tickets down in Shreveport, La which Navy couldn't sell. From the economics stand-point, why not?

I wouldn't mind playing service academy I don't rememer the last time we played one.

come on, you got to do better then that with your mighty UAT trudison.

1988 UAT/Army, Sun Bowl (UAT won 29-28)

What are you saying? You jumped on the UAT bandwagon after the 1992 season, when you 12 years old?

No, what he is really saying is that the Independance Bowl would be a great fit for Bama. They love Shreveport and Nick could get back to Louisianna.

I watched the Navy/Pitt game last night and Navy is a tough game for anybody in a bowl. I hope they finally beat Notre Dame. I would watch Alabama vs Navy if that were the Indy Bowl matchup, would be a good game.

Archived