UF football walk-on killed

Raven_tiger

Sad news for their families, but who rides a motorcycle without a helmet? Now days even little kids wear helmets on bikes with training wheels.

I actually heard about this about an hour ago.

My girlfriend's cousin (one of my good friends) use to be in a "serious" relationship with Ashley (the girl that died in this wreck). They broke up not too long ago after dating for a long time. Sad sad news.

Sad news for their families, but who rides a motorcycle without a helmet? Now days even little kids wear helmets on bikes with training wheels.

Florida is one of those states that does not have a helmet law.

I would think it was a common sense thing, but some need laws to make simple decisions for them.

Prayers for their families & friends.

If the speed limit is 55 and he's driving 85, it really doesn't matter too much if he's wearing a helmet or not. Even if they didn't hit a median, but hit a deer or even a dog on a bike going 80, that's it. Game over. Speeding was the killer here, not the lack of helmet. This is very sad for the families. Prayers sent.

When we were in Florida the week of the Florida game I don't think I saw anyone riding a motorcycle WITH a helmet on. It pisses me off that Florida doesn't have a law requiring a helmet. A helmet saved my life back in '93 and I can't imagine why someone would choose to ride without one.

No helmet riding is just dumb! :no::no:

WAY too young. Prayers sent.

p.s. I ride motorcycles often. Even when I ride at the beach...I WEAR A HELMENT!

If the speed limit is 55 and he's driving 85, it really doesn't matter too much if he's wearing a helmet or not. Even if they didn't hit a median, but hit a deer or even a dog on a bike going 80, that's it. Game over. Speeding was the killer here, not the lack of helmet. This is very sad for the families. Prayers sent.

A wreck at 20 MPH on a motorcycle without a helmet can kill a rider. My wreck was at over 75mph and the state troopers who worked the scene said without a helmet that I most certainly would have been covered with a blanket, instead I was getting an ambulance ride. High speed wrecks can be survived.

Guest BoStillKnows

When we were in Florida the week of the Florida game I don't think I saw anyone riding a motorcycle WITH a helmet on. It pisses me off that Florida doesn't have a law requiring a helmet. A helmet saved my life back in '93 and I can't imagine why someone would choose to ride without one.

No helmet riding is just dumb! :no::no:

I was in Pensacola about a year ago and there was a guy on a sport bike wearing a $300 Joe Rocket jacket and no helmet. A mind is a terrbile thing to waste.

I saw a family of 3 on a metric cruiser 2 years ago. THREE. All 3 of them were in wife beaters, shirts and flip flops, frinkin' unbelievable. I tried to snap a pic, but with no success. They did have novelty helmets on though. :blink:

I can also attest to what a sport bike, traveling 100mph+, will do to a Corolla when it strikes it in driver's side door...

Terrible loss of 2 people just beginning their lives. Prayers sent.

Archived