Alabama 25-23 5-2 30-25

Troy 25-23 4-2 29-25

Miles 23-18 1-7 24-25

Samford 19-25 3-3 22-30

Ala.-Birmingham 20-27 2-4 22-31

Stillman 22-18 4-1 26-19

Huntingdon 18-18 3-4 21-22

West Alabama 12-32 1-5 13-37

we all know alabama would be higher had they not been a bunch of cheaters.

i'm a little surprised at how badly UAB has fared during that time period.

UAB is a frustrating program. For a couple of years, it seemed on the cusp of breaking through to the big time, only to choke a game. Two years ago, they lost several games in the last minute.

However, I think Callaway was a good hire. Right now, he's sorting through a mess, but he will right the ship, IMHO.

North Alabama 40-10 6-0 45-10

Auburn 39-9 5-2 44-11

Maybe UNA and Auburn should play sometime? Crap... who would JohnDeere, CircleDrill and myself pull for?? :blink:

Auburn 39-9 5-2 44-11

Maybe UNA and Auburn should play sometime? Crap... who would JohnDeere, CircleDrill and myself pull for?? :blink:

BTW, UNA won a big game last night.

I wouldn't mind seeing UNA take Alabama A&M out behind the barn again. The Huntsville media give A&M lots of hype and NONE to UNA. A&M is nothing more then a glorified junior college, they can't even field a descent baseball team, but since they are in the high and might D1AA division, they think they are TOO good to play UNA or something. UNA(with 35 scholarships) could beat the black off any A&M team with their 65 scholarships.

UNA played A&M, 20 times from 1975 to 1997 (game was always televised on a local station). (In 1998 A&M went to D1AA and the series stopped.)

UNA was 18-3-1 in the series.

A&M will win the SWAC, for what thats worth and the Huntsville media will swoon over them for a month to pull in that demographic. Meanwhile, UNA will go deep into the D2 playoffs reaching for a National Championship and the Huntsville Times will give them a paragraph on the last page of the sports section.

Rant over........carry on.

link

2000-06 2007

Record Conf Total

Alabama 25-23 5-2 30-25

Troy 25-23 4-2 29-25

Wow, I guess we were all wrong if we thought

:ua: = :om:

Apparently

:ua: = TSU!

:lol:

Why do you hate Troy?

It's just Troy University now. They dropped the State a few years back.

and they get pissy when they tell you that too.

...Next you will be telling me there's no "T" in the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa! :lol:

Auburn 39-9 5-2 44-11

BTW, UNA won a big game last night.

I wouldn't mind seeing UNA take Alabama A&M out behind the barn again. The Huntsville media give A&M lots of hype and NONE to UNA. A&M is nothing more then a glorified junior college, they can't even field a descent baseball team, but since they are in the high and might D1AA division, they think they are TOO good to play UNA or something. UNA(with 35 scholarships) could beat the black off any A&M team with their 65 scholarships.

UNA played A&M, 20 times from 1975 to 1997 (game was always televised on a local station). (In 1998 A&M went to D1AA and the series stopped.)

UNA was 18-3-1 in the series.

A&M will win the SWAC, for what thats worth and the Huntsville media will swoon over them for a month to pull in that demographic. Meanwhile, UNA will go deep into the D2 playoffs reaching for a National Championship and the Huntsville Times will give them a paragraph on the last page of the sports section.

Rant over........carry on.

You obviously love UNA football much more than me. I know she's our alma mater and all and I do love where we went to college but I just can't, and never have been able to, get excited about UNA football. I dunno... just growing up in that area I always considered them just another high school team. I mean, when you play teams year in and year out with names like Ouchita Baptist it just doesn't get the adrenaline pumping. The closest I came to getting excited about UNA athletics is when the baseball team played Alabama our freshman or sophomore year... I forget which. Other than that, it just doesn't do anything for me. Not that I don't want them to win or anything because of course I do. You know how many football games I went to the 4 years I was there? Two. And that's because we were in ROTC and were forced to go. And we literally play in a high school stadium which is insulting. UNA seriously needs to make it a goal to become D1 at some point in the future. As an alumni that's always been a source of contention with me when it comes to the BOT. There's no desire there to grow and never has been. If we'd just add 3 more colleges to the university we could become D1. And there's plenty of land to build on. Clear off Wildwood Park, for one. And did you know that UNA owns about half the property in the Mobile Street area? I say bulldoze the ghetto and expand the school. But the old and ultraconservative farts sitting on the BOT won't ever make that happen. But I digress...

:rant:

I see Alabama a lot more along the lines of Notre Dame, winning against the patsies and as usual choking against the teams that matter all the while garnering media attention out the wazoo after one game or before the season actually starts, you would have thought they had won a title after they beat Arkansas with the attention it got.

Lately though the Bammers have finally accepted the fact that they are not in the top ranks of the SEC, however they hold this newfound belief that with victories in the recruiting rankings (of which they've beaten us in recruiting in actuality 2 of the last 4 years along with still having more in-state recruits than us), that this somehow will translate into numerous victories for the tahd. It's even funnier how overjoyed they get over their number 4 current ranking on Bama owned rivals.com while rival Auburn has turned in classes of #9 and #6 the past two years, and this current class is ranked #17, a class of which it is known we will only be able to give out at the most 18 scholarships along with most recruits pretty much knowing that if they sign they're likely to be redshirted and found on third or second string the next year.

Nevertheless, we should all be fearful, Coach Saban boasts numerous credentials, including half of his seasons having five losses or more, including failing in the NFL, including a 2-3 record against our very own coach, we should all be very fearful that 12 time champion Alabama may actually one day beat Auburn sometime in the future (there is always the possibility) and then watch as Nick Saban glides off into the sunset on a plane painted Maize and Blue (or purple and gold).

Archived