From pigskinsandprose.blogspot.com

InDNo

The Ruining of the Bulls

South Florida was Cinderella and a bag of chips.

Check the resume.

• Ranked No.2 in the this year’s initial Bowl Championship Series poll only 11 years into its football existence.

• One coach — Jim Leavitt — in its football history.

• A newcomer to the Big East.

• Undefeated with wins at Auburn and at home against West Virginia.

But tonight we learned that the slipper doesn't fit.

Rutgers and Ray Rice weren’t about to sit idly by and watch the Bulls stampede into college football’s spotlight. After all, Rutgers was headed in the same direction last year until it stumbled at Cincinnati.

Tonight, Rutgers wins 30-27.

Call it the ruining of the Bulls.

But it wasn’t without controversy. South Florida, though without timeouts, had a shot late to at least get into position to tie. With less than 90 seconds left, USF quarterback Matt Grothe was sacked. On second down, he chose to spike the ball. On third down, he threw downfield to Amarri Jackson, who caught the ball inside the Rutgers 30.

First down Bulls.

Not quite.

With the action taking place on the Rutgers sideline and Rutgers coaches pleading for offensive pass interference, the flags came flying. Reply showed that Jackson did have his hand on the defender’s back. Did he push him? That’s questionable. Nevertheless, the play came back and South Florida was penalized 15 yards for pass interference.

On fourth down, Grothe’s fourth-and-37 desperation pass was intercepted.

Another Top 5 team bites the dust.

Give Rutgers credit. Greg Schiano’s bunch kept choppin’ and did what it had to do. Ray Rice was a workhorse beast.

South Florida simply wasn’t ready for the white-hot spotlight that comes with being No. 2 in the BCS.

They pissed it away in Piscataway.

Now, if recent history holds, at least one more Top 5 team will lose before the weekend’s end.

Here’s hoping it’s LSU.

The Ruining of the Bulls

Check the resume.

• Ranked No.2 in the this year’s initial Bowl Championship Series poll only 11 years into its football existence.

Rutgers and Ray Rice weren’t about to sit idly by and watch the Bulls stampede into college football’s spotlight. After all, Rutgers was headed in the same direction last year until it stumbled at Cincinnati.

But it wasn’t without controversy. South Florida, though without timeouts, had a shot late to at least get into position to tie. With less than 90 seconds left, USF quarterback Matt Grothe was sacked. On second down, he chose to spike the ball. On third down, he threw downfield to Amarri Jackson, who caught the ball inside the Rutgers 30.

First down Bulls.

Not quite.

With the action taking place on the Rutgers sideline and Rutgers coaches pleading for offensive pass interference, the flags came flying. Reply showed that Jackson did have his hand on the defender’s back. Did he push him? That’s questionable. Nevertheless, the play came back and South Florida was penalized 15 yards for pass interference.

Give Rutgers credit. Greg Schiano’s bunch kept choppin’ and did what it had to do. Ray Rice was a workhorse beast.

South Florida simply wasn’t ready for the white-hot spotlight that comes with being No. 2 in the BCS.

Now, if recent history holds, at least one more Top 5 team will lose before the weekend’s end.

Here’s hoping it’s LSU.

The pass interference call at the end of the game was BS, if it happens on the other sideline there is no call and the catch stands, go figure. What is up with ref crews this year???

you know I was thinking the ref's leaned a little to the red last night... but I also fell asleep in the fourth quarter. Keystone light and hookah will do that to ya'

you know I was thinking the ref's leaned a little to the red last night... but I also fell asleep in the fourth quarter. Keystone light and hookah will do that to ya'

This guy knows how to party.

My roomate was torn, he's more of a hockey fan but definitely a hookah fan so he was in and out of his room watching the Flyers and stopping by for some hookah about every 10 mins or so. Until he realized that football games are forever long. Then he came in for good. I think he turned on transformers after the game cause I definitely woke up to some mad destruction.

My roomate was torn, he's more of a hockey fan but definitely a hookah fan so he was in and out of his room watching the Flyers and stopping by for some hookah about every 10 mins or so. Until he realized that football games are forever long. Then he came in for good. I think he turned on transformers after the game cause I definitely woke up to some mad destruction.

Great movie......

The Ruining of the Bulls

Check the resume.

First down Bulls.

Not quite.

Here’s hoping it’s LSU.

That in itself was the clutch. Throw it in and hand Rutgers the game. We did play a sloppy game with Grothe holding onto the ball too long, but the ref's in the end really screwed us over. We expected to loose a game this year, but not in this manner nor form.

Best of luck and WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Archived