Hey Richt, STOP CRYING ABOUT JACKSONVILLE

SouthLink02

Here we go again....a reporter asks Richt about his thoughts on keeping the UGA/UF game in Jax for the future...his response?

"I'm open to home-and-home. I'm open to Jacksonville and Atlanta. I'm up for home-and-home then Jacksonville and Atlanta," Richt said during Sunday's teleconference. "I'm up for any of those kinds of combinations."
- http://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=729450

Good job, Richt. You yet again have showed why so many fans are getting more fed up with this team and their performance the last 2 years. Instead of saying 'Well, we can't control that' or maybe just deferring it to the off-season....you bring up this debate RIGHT NOW.

ATTITUDE. It's all about ATTITUDE

While Meyer is talking about Youth not being an excuse at UF, you are making excuses for your 1-5 record against our biggest rival including teams that had NO EXCUSE losing to UF.

NEWSFLASH: UF hasn't been beating us because we played in Alltell. They are beating us because we are dropping all of our balls, our DL gets no pressure, and our play-calling on both sides has been comical.

QUIT MAKING EXCUSES

You finally have your off-week before UF....use it well because now your seat will get turned on 1 degree hotter if UF spanks us.

I've always liked Richt, but I do think it's getting time for him to go. He basically saved the program when he got there. Lately, however, it's been rather mediocre. He recruits very well - way too well to have down years. Not beating Florida is huge, but I've never truly understood the concept of being fired for not beating an out-of-state rival. Now, losing to GA Tech would hurt worse because it hurts in-state recruiting.

And I hate to say it, Slink, but Florida is going to put a serious hurtin' on your team this week.

I think when his seat gets hot is when UGA has officially lost their mind.

We lost our mind when UT made us look like Georgia Southern for the 2nd consecutive year

I've always liked Richt too and I think the guy is a class act. But unfortunately, that's not the point these days. I'm sure UGA fans are far more well-informed on the prgram and live and die with each game just like we do with AU. And how would we feel after getting ripped a new one by a bad UT team and losing virtually every year to UF?

UGA has recruited "BG lights out" for years and shouldn't be dropping games to the likes of Vandy and getting thumped by UT two years in a row and never getting the best of Florida. I imagine Dawg fans are getting real restless about now. A win over UF would smooth a lot of ruffled feathers.

By the way, his timing may not be great but I'd be arguing like crazy to make this a home and home.

Slink, he may have a point. I know that moving the iron bowl to home-home did wonders for us.

I feel the same way. Going to Legion Field year in, year out, for our "home" game was a joke. Those were NOT home games. Of course the majority of fans were SPUAT fans, Birmingham is innundated with them.

Slink, he may have a point. I know that moving the iron bowl to home-home did wonders for us.

I don't know that moving the Iron Bowl made a huge difference in the outcome. I think it helped Auburn psychologically, but I think in reality it was Coach Dye (and now Coach Tuberville) that made a huge difference. Immediately before the first Iron Bowl in JHS, we had won three in a row (1986-1988) and five of the last seven.

That being said, I think it is fair that the Iron Bowl is now a home-and-home, and I think it would be fair for the Cocktail Party to be Jacksonville and Atlanta. That could retain the unique feel of the rivalry (playing on neither team's campus) while making the "neutral" field a little more neutral.

I also think Richt is an excellent coach. Not many I would rather have. Tough to think that after Tenn toasted the Dawgs then got blasted by Bama, but you have to look at Richt's career, not just the last season and a half.

I honestly don't know much about the whole Bama/AU situation in terms of Legion Field nor do I know much about whether Birmingham is Pro-AU/UA or whatever.....so I can't compare UGA/UF to that...

Here is what I do know

- Before Spurrier came to UF as a HC, you wouldn't find a SINGLE UGA FAN to say this

- A running joke with UF fans is that outside the stadium before the game you can find MORE UGA FANS and then after they are all gone

- The stadium is 50/50

- This is a tradition and a VERY unique and fun one for these two teams.

Richt is doing his best to say lightly that AllTell is to blame. That is terrible. Richt is so frustrated that his teams continually play bad that he has gone to the last resort. He should be shutting the hell up and figuring out why we play our worst every year against UF....maybe it is that they get out-coached every year in AllTell?

FORMER PLAYERS are telling him to shut up on the UGA forums.

Let me also say this....

If UGA somehow beats UF, don't expect me to somehow be apologetic towards Richt with this situation. Richt beating UF will put him at 2-5 against UF and we have already lost to USC & and got blown out at UT for the 2nd straight year. I don't think he deserves any brownie points for earning his $2 million dollar salary

I expect UGA to win this Saturday. When I say I expect it, I don't really but with the recruiting and money UGA has had the last few years....I don't think UGA fans should act like a miracle occured that one 2-loss team beat another 2-loss team

I honestly don't know much about the whole Bama/AU situation in terms of Legion Field nor do I know much about whether Birmingham is Pro-AU/UA or whatever.....so I can't compare UGA/UF to that...

Here is what I do know

- Before Spurrier came to UF as a HC, you wouldn't find a SINGLE UGA FAN to say this

- A running joke with UF fans is that outside the stadium before the game you can find MORE UGA FANS and then after they are all gone

- The stadium is 50/50

- This is a tradition and a VERY unique and fun one for these two teams.

Richt is doing his best to say lightly that AllTell is to blame. That is terrible. Richt is so frustrated that his teams continually play bad that he has gone to the last resort. He should be shutting the hell up and figuring out why we play our worst every year against UF....maybe it is that they get out-coached every year in AllTell?

FORMER PLAYERS are telling him to shut up on the UGA forums.

alabama played their home games at legion field, yet, magically, every other year we would get to be the home team!!!!

This doesn't help. What's going on in Athens?

Link

I don't see anything wrong with the pictures.

He and KM were partying at an apartment. Good for them.

I don't see nothing wrong with the partying either. Just don't paste it all over the internet.

Archived