Question about Brandon Fanney's arrest

whiteplainstiger

I have heard several Auburn fans say that Brandon Fanney kicked the window out of a police car after he was arrested. A Bammer friend of mine is trying to say that Brandon Fanney never kicked the window out of a police car. Does anybody on this board know whether he really did kick the window out of a police car or not?

I have heard several Auburn fans say that Brandon Fanney kicked the window out of a police car after he was arrested. A Bammer friend of mine is trying to say that Brandon Fanney never kicked the window out of a police car. Does anybody on this board know whether he really did kick the window out of a police car or not?

according to who you ask here, he has kicked the window out, headbutted it out, thrown the officer through it, etc. there are many versions floating around. but hey lets not take into account that it would be pretty difficult for a guy his size to turn around in the back of a patrol car while handcuffed and kick out a rear windshield. i would assume we're talking rear windshield, because i don't know of many police cars that don't have a cage in the back with the door window guards. i'm 5'10" and 180 lbs and i can't do it. he's 6'4" and 240 lbs.

There is not much that holds in a rear window. Hell if you've ever watched an episode of Cops and seen some of the little crackheads on there get abusive to a car then I can see a football player doing it as well.

That said, I doubt he damaged the car in any meaningful way if he only got a $100 fine. I know its Tuscaloosa and all, but I doubt even the Homerest of Homer judges would let willful destruction of public property go without a fine for its replacement cost.

I heard he kicked it out, then took some of the shards of glass along with debris along the side of the road and fashioned an explosive device. However, after realizing that the heat from the explosion would melt his ice cream, he disabled the device and proceeded to submit to the arrest.

I heard he kicked it out, then took some of the shards of glass along with debris along the side of the road and fashioned an explosive device. However, after realizing that the heat from the explosion would melt his ice cream, he disabled the device and proceeded to submit to the arrest.

....and he did so with only his pinky toes.

It was Brandon Deaderick.

And I never heard he kicked it out. I only heard he "tried" to.

I thought I heard it was a very firm, instantaneous placement of his head to the side window, causing it to crack.

It was Brandon Deaderick.

And I never heard he kicked it out. I only heard he "tried" to.

I thought I heard it was a very firm, instantaneous placement of his head to the side window, causing it to crack.

to do that his head would first have to break through the thick metal that protects the side windows (unless he did it from outside of the car somehow?). give it a shot and let me know how it works out. also, i doubt it would have been cracked if his head hit it. side windows aren't laminated and you would be pretty surprised how easy they will shatter. you can actually break one easily with a car antenna (poor man's window punch for firefighters). i've never really seen one crack and not shatter.

Just because you've seen a few cop cars with the metal cage in front of the windows doesn't mean they ALL have it... just sayin.

A car antenna will shatter the glass because you've taken your applied force and concentrated it into an incredibly small area. You've got such a high pressure at the contact point that it will break through and shatter the glass. Now a big guy's head distributes his applied force over a relatively large area, so you're not going to get that shattering effect quite as easy. If he just bopped his head on the window, I could see it spider webbing. I could also see him really getting into it and knocking the whole thing out.

Just because you've seen a few cop cars with the metal cage in front of the windows doesn't mean they ALL have it... just sayin.

A car antenna will shatter the glass because you've taken your applied force and concentrated it into an incredibly small area. You've got such a high pressure at the contact point that it will break through and shatter the glass. Now a big guy's head distributes his applied force over a relatively large area, so you're not going to get that shattering effect quite as easy. If he just bopped his head on the window, I could see it spider webbing. I could also see him really getting into it and knocking the whole thing out.

uh, in this day and age pretty much all cop cars have the full cages. even podunk towns like ours. our population inside of town limits is about 1,000....they even bought us assault rifles ;) when i was in tuscaloosa a few years ago any of the cars i saw had them, so i doubt they got rid of them all of a sudden. just sayin.

uh, in this day and age pretty much all cop cars have the full cages. even podunk towns like ours. our population inside of town limits is about 1,000....they even bought us assault rifles ;) when i was in tuscaloosa a few years ago any of the cars i saw had them, so i doubt they got rid of them all of a sudden. just sayin.

Even unmarked cars have them?

They bought your cops assault rifles? That's pretty sweet. My uncle had to buy his own, but he's over in Louisiana.

Even unmarked cars have them?

They bought your cops assault rifles? That's pretty sweet. My uncle had to buy his own, but he's over in Louisiana.

our two unmarked cars do, and 1 is the old chief cruiser and the other is the new one.....and how many times do you think the chief ever hauls a prisoner? :P but i certainly can't speak for every department's unmarked cruisers. usually the tint is so dark you wouldn't be able to tell from the outside is why it isn't a big deal putting a cage in an unmarked.

yeah the town bought 8 Bushmaster M4 rifles. those things are AWESOME. alot of municipalities around here are investing in semi-automatic assault rifles, because criminals are starting to up the ante a bit with stuff like an AK-47....a pistol won't match that, not even close. but hey, never underestimate the power of pepper spray. i don't know if you've ever gotten sprayed before, but even though i am a reserve i still have to get sprayed with it to carry it because i still ride with them. i thought getting sprayed with the freeze +P was bad, holy begeezus i thought i was going to DIE when i got hit with the new PGX spray. imagine the pain of pouring gasoline into your eyes and setting them on fire, then dumping more gasoline on, then multiply that by about 50x. no joke.

PGX Spray? Isn't that the stuff the hot brunette is selling in those commercials? I thought it was supposed to make you smell better...and attract hot chicks.

Makes since - Tuscaloosa is the most violent city in the US with a population under 100,000 especially murder and rape.

Archived