Game Day Experience

AUesquire

Arrived on the Plains around 1:00 p.m. and set up with friends and family at their spot across the street from the Student Union Building. Thank God for bathrooms close by. (A tailgating essential :big: ) Nothing but tents, live music, TV's, beer and food all around us. That about covers that end of it.

After a J&M and Toomer's stop, where the Houndstooth Twins (Very tall, by the way) were slinking around, we made the jaunt to Tiger Walk, where we saw the tops of about 3 player's heads. Of course, one belonged to 6'10 King. Got our gear and made our final liquid preparations and made our way to the game.

The game was bittersweet for me. Beating Bama is the ultimate and outweighs most negative issues in life. But there were two that must be mentioned:

1. Drunk Bama Wench: Just as the band was taking the field, the seats directly in front of me were filled by two young ladies, one clad in Auburn gear and the other in traditional Mullet attire. The Bama wench was already stumbling over everyone as she made her way to her seat. She immediately began overserving herself from a bottle of Vodka and then proceeded to stand and shake her Mullet-Pom Pom in everyone's face around her. The guy beside me leans over by the end of the 1st quarter and politely tells her if that Mullet-Pom hits him in the face again, he will throw it....and her about 10 rows down from where she currently stood. She stumbled out just before halftime, presumably to throw up. Never returned. Much more enjoyable second half.

2. Fly By's, Family and Jealousy: The Fly By at last night's game was done by my brother-in-law and their F-18 Squadron out of Atlanta. He was the leader of the three who kicked in the afterburners and blew out my eardrums. They were presented at halftime and he was the guy who opened his flight suit to show an Auburn shirt. As a result of doing the fly by, he and my wife's sister were given sideline passes. They also got two others, which were given to my wife's brother and her dad. (Did you catch that last part...sideline passes given to people OTHER than myself) While we watched from our seats 43 rows up in JHS, they all roamed the sidelines before, during and after the game, glad handing players and coaches, getting pics made with everyone from Bo Jackson to Q. Groves and generally doing everything I wanted to be doing right then. I had to drive two of them home to Dothan and listen to their stories all the way.

I hate them all right now.

Anyway....17-10...6 in a row and I heard that Michigan just contacted Saban's agent. Happy Holidays!!!

2. Fly By's, Family and Jealousy: The Fly By at last night's game was done by my brother-in-law and their F-18 Squadron out of Atlanta. He was the leader of the three who kicked in the afterburners and blew out my eardrums. They were presented at halftime and he was the guy who opened his flight suit to show an Auburn shirt. As a result of doing the fly by, he and my wife's sister were given sideline passes. They also got two others, which were given to my wife's brother and her dad. (Did you catch that last part...sideline passes given to people OTHER than myself) While we watched from our seats 43 rows up in JHS, they all roamed the sidelines before, during and after the game, glad handing players and coaches, getting pics made with everyone from Bo Jackson to Q. Groves and generally doing everything I wanted to be doing right then. I had to drive two of them home to Dothan and listen to their stories all the way.

I hate them all right now.

Anyway....17-10...6 in a row and I heard that Michigan just contacted Saban's agent. Happy Holidays!!!

Well, the fly by was very nicely done. I went NUTS when he lit the burners. And the t-shirt was a bonus.

Sorry you drew the family short straw.... :)

By the way, what was happening in the student section at half time. Looked like something going on in the stands that had the attention of everyone over there. I'm on the press box side so I couldn't tell.

By the way, what was happening in the student section at half time. Looked like something going on in the stands that had the attention of everyone over there. I'm on the press box side so I couldn't tell.

From my GF's friend who was in student section around the ruckus:

"so, the big thing in the student section at half time wasn't a fight per se... one of our fans snatched an AL hat away and it was thrown around... and I think out of the stadium"

The flyover was almost as cool as the game itself. The burners against the night sky looked incredible.

I hate to say it, but every damn flyover takes me by surprise. My initial thought was "WE'RE GETTING BLOWN UP!"

From my GF's friend who was in student section around the ruckus:

"so, the big thing in the student section at half time wasn't a fight per se... one of our fans snatched an AL hat away and it was thrown around... and I think out of the stadium"

There was a fight, turd fan got literally drug down the stairs by the cops( I think the guy may have pushed a cop as they were walking up to break up the tussle). A few minutes later they threw a bama fan's hat out of the stadium, which also drew cheers

First thing that happened was a few UAT'ers were kindly asked to leave the premises... After that a kind Auburn fan took possession of a Bammer's hat and did the only thing he could, ran up 15 rows or so and tossed it over the top of the stadium by the scoreboard.

First thing that happened was a few UAT'ers were kindly asked to leave the premises... After that a kind Auburn fan took possession of a Bammer's hat and did the only thing he could, ran up 15 rows or so and tossed it over the top of the stadium by the scoreboard.

sweet, that could be the Pontiac Game Changing Play of the Week :cheer:

Archived