The kiss of Death?

PChamp119

AL.com

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs told the Press-Register that he is "100 percent confident" that Lebo is moving the program in the right direction. Asked if Lebo's job was in any jeopardy, Jacobs replied, "None whatsoever."

Oh boy, where have we heard this before in the world of sports?

Just kidding folks, I don't expect a change.

AL.com

Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs told the Press-Register that he is "100 percent confident" that Lebo is moving the program in the right direction. Asked if Lebo's job was in any jeopardy, Jacobs replied, "None whatsoever."

Jeff Lebo, and he knew it when he signed on, has been working with a handicap. I say give him full scholarships and some good luck with injuries for a change, and see what happens. His teams show a lot of heart. We are Auburn! We may not always have the talent, but we fight like Tigers.

AL.com

Not with Jacobs. He's too big an idiot. When he announces his vote of confidence, this idiot means it. Remember his "Slater's got a plan" announcement last year as our baseball team became a national laughingstock? Yeah, Jacobs is doing a great job. We have the dumbest, most inept, most incompetent, most immature, most bumbling athletic director in the SEC. He needs to find a new career. Hollywood has plenty of parts for the "stereotypically asshat dumb white guy" He should apply.

AL.com

Not with Jacobs. He's too big an idiot. When he announces his vote of confidence, this idiot means it. Remember his "Slater's got a plan" announcement last year as our baseball team became a national laughingstock? Yeah, Jacobs is doing a great job. We have the dumbest, most inept, most incompetent, most immature, most bumbling athletic director in the SEC. He needs to find a new career. Hollywood has plenty of parts for the "stereotypically asshat dumb white guy" He should apply.

Other than hanging onto Slater which I can't figure out either, what has Jacobs done that has you so angry?

I'm not a fan of Jacobs by any means. But I do believe Slater has made the right hires (the batting coach Mossiello (sp?) and Sullivan for the pitchers) and put together a great team this year..

Remember it took Calipari 3 years to make it to the big dance with (he started off with more than Lebo and has an NBA arena)

Other than hanging onto Slater which I can't figure out either, what has Jacobs done that has you so angry?

He's just a loser.

The butchering of the firings when he was first hired. Remember the race-fueled controversy?

The ridiculous self-serving fluff piece that was in the newspaper about him.

Completely butchering the Dave Marsh situation.

Tuberville has no respect for him.

Blowing up at Muschamp and acting line an assclown instead of a professional.

Keeping Slater.

Pretty much everything he touches stinks of death.

Which AD in the SEC would you trade for this putz? If you say "pick any of the eleven options, with the possible exception of Mal Moore (and I'd take Mal in a straight swap any day)" you'd be a winner.

He's just a loser.

The butchering of the firings when he was first hired. Remember the race-fueled controversy?

Keeping Slater.

Which AD in the SEC would you trade for this putz? If you say "pick any of the eleven options, with the possible exception of Mal Moore (and I'd take Mal in a straight swap any day)" you'd be a winner.

You're right. And at least Mal would be retiring soon.

He's just a loser.

Keeping Slater.

Actually there would only be 10 options. Vandy doesn't have an AD.

That went both ways.....Will used Jay at that point and time as much as anything.

I can't comment on anything else. You (Galen) and I will have to agree to disagree.

Jacobs sucks period. You don't have to list what he has done wrong. Like GG said everything he has done sucks. If he got out of bed this morning to go to work that sucks. We hired a puppet nothing more. Should have hired Dan Radakovich (sp.?)

That went both ways.....Will used Jay at that point and time as much as anything.

I can't comment on anything else. You (Galen) and I will have to agree to disagree.

As the "boss" in the situation, Jacobs had an obligation to understand the value of the employee and handle the situation in a professional manner. No matter what Muschamp did, Jacobs had no business blowing up in return or response (which is what happened according to all credible sources).

He's a blustering fool. Every day he sits in the AD chair is one day closer to ruin for AU's athletic program.

Archived