State of GA Auburn tags

saniflush

I didn't see this listed anywhere.

I know how most everyone feels about online petitions, about the same as I do. However the GA legislature is trying to do away with the state of GA Auburn tag.

Please to be signing and passing along.

http://www.petitiononline.com/AUtags/

Does the state of Alabama not allow UGA tags?

Which is why this bill was proposed and passed the House and WILL pass the Senate where it has a lot of support

I am very happy they passed this bill as Florida made a mockery of allowing people to get plates from OOS schools wanting people to pay 60k along with yearly fees and a ridiculous number of signatures

As for states such as South Carolina and Alabama that don't allow it, if their own state won't even give UGA fans the right to get a tag on their plates (with proper # of signatures & money like AU fans in GA), I am fine with shutting those fans out in GA

I wouldn't have minded seeing AU people getting to KEEP their tags pre-this bill though

I figure I will be the only one on this site FOR this bill :hanged:

No, Alabama doesn't allow UGA tags, but UGA isn't within 20 minutes of Alabama's border either. Heck, Atlanta's closer to Auburn than B'ham. It's only one hour further to Atlanta than Montgomery. Not only that, but I'm sure the UGA alumni are NOT as populous in Alabama as the Auburn alumni are in Georgia.

Is there a financial reason to deny these alumni their tag? Is the state somehow losing money? Are the schools in GA suffering because of Auburn is advertising its school on the back of cars? Give me a reason OTHER than athletics.

Give me a reason OTHER than athletics.

If it isn't a big deal to the State of Alabama, allow UGA and other schools to have tags WITH proper signatures/money. If there aren't many UGA fans in Alabama, you won't have to worry about UGA plates in Alabama.

The law only asks that states make it possible for UGA fans to get tags in other states through proper means....such as what AU fans go through to get UGA tags in GA

But, the fact that Alabama BANS the tags says you don't want them in your state.

So, what is wrong with UGA not allowing Alabama tags in their state?

Does Georgia pay royalties to Auburn for the plates? I know that in Alabama, when you pay extra for the Auburn tag, a donation is made to the university scholarship fund.

I can see where the state government of any state would not want that money to be sent to an out of state institution.

The only funding I am aware of is the fee to get the tag which was something like $25 per plate which went to the state of Georgia

SouthLink...my question for you is this:

Why are Georgia Congressman standing up for UGA grads living in a different state rather than standing up for their OWN constituents?

The only funding I am aware of is the fee to get the tag which was something like $25 per plate which went to the state of Georgia

Why are Georgia Congressman standing up for UGA grads living in a different state rather than standing up for their OWN constituents?

Because they hate UF and this started as a UF issue, Maybe because Auburn has more plates then GATECH :roflol: I have one of the tags and I am pissed that my legislative branch here has put more time on this then say adding State Funded preK schools to the drug zone legislature, but what do I know.

Because they hate UF and this started as a UF issue, Maybe because Auburn has more plates then GATECH :roflol: I have one of the tags and I am pissed that my legislative branch here has put more time on this then say adding State Funded preK schools to the drug zone legislature, but what do I know.

Pretty much. You know, this sounds crazy but if the State of Florida had banned OOS plates from the beginning, I am not sure this would have ever occured. But the State of Florida (in my EXTREMELY BIAS OPINION) is seemingly wagging its finger in our face by saying "Well, you can get a tag but we will make it damn near impossible"

So when UF fans started getting more tags, UGA fans/legis took notice and decided to take action against them and well, everyone else

Just goes to show how UGA/AU, imo, do not "hate" each other nearly as much as UGA/UF or AU/UA....we could stomach AU plates without UGA plates in Bama but when UF wanted UF plates in GA....well, we wanted UGA plates in UF (where a sizeable amount of UGA fans live)

Is that sad why we did it? Of course....I mean, let's be honest....

But, do I like it? Yes

Pretty much. You know, this sounds crazy but if the State of Florida had banned OOS plates from the beginning, I am not sure this would have ever occured. But the State of Florida (in my EXTREMELY BIAS OPINION) is seemingly wagging its finger in our face by saying "Well, you can get a tag but we will make it damn near impossible"

So when UF fans started getting more tags, UGA fans/legis took notice and decided to take action against them and well, everyone else

Just goes to show how UGA/AU, imo, do not "hate" each other nearly as much as UGA/UF or AU/UA....we could stomach AU plates without UGA plates in Bama but when UF wanted UF plates in GA....well, we wanted UGA plates in UF (where a sizeable amount of UGA fans live)

Is that sad why we did it? Of course....I mean, let's be honest....

But, do I like it? Yes

So, I guess that makes you no better than an UF fan. :poke:

I got 2. Had to wait over a year while we gathered enough people to sign up for the tags before the state would produce them.

Also, think about the monetary impact the state is just going to throw away to act like children on the playground, like you are doing by enjoying the fact that this bill will more than likely pass. Maybe you should look at it this way, your state is taking money from all these people at $25 bucks per tag and investing it in your state and those other states that do not allow it are dumb for not doing the same thing.

States as far as Virginia carry Auburn plates. Georgia didn't care till Florida got in the game.

Being that it's the same crowd that does everything in their power to stall or ignore Sunday alcohol sales..I'll never have faith in Sonny/Casey/or this group in my current favor or vote.

So, I guess that makes you no better than an UF fan. :poke:

You're right. We aren't.

Also, think about the monetary impact the state is just going to throw away to act like children on the playground, like you are doing by enjoying the fact that this bill will more than likely pass. Maybe you should look at it this way, your state is taking money from all these people at $25 bucks per tag and investing it in your state and those other states that do not allow it are dumb for not doing the same thing.

The money was $25 a plate. It really is not that much money in terms of the State Budget. And if it was, I would hope everyone in Alabama, Florida, and South Carolina would be screaming at their own states for not having such rules to allow for such financial gain to them.

Look the bottom line is the state of Georgia set forth the guidelines of what it took to produce a custom tag. Auburn alumni and fans around GA fulfilled these requirements and now the State of Georgia wants to act like a spoiled child when they don't automatically get reciprocal rights in another state.

Doesn't the legislature in GA have something better to do? You know, like invading Chattanooga to get their water?

Look the bottom line is the state of Georgia set forth the guidelines of what it took to produce a custom tag. Auburn alumni and fans around GA fulfilled these requirements and now the State of Georgia wants to act like a spoiled child when they don't automatically get reciprocal rights in another state.

It is spoiled to want to be treated as you are treating others? Interesting

It is spoiled to change the rules when things don't go your way.

It is spoiled to change the rules when things don't go your way.

I live in Atlanta; you better watch out. Tags now soon it will be Water. The more I learn about the political process from the City to the State level the more I am disillusioned.

What a crock of crap. I might be moving to Georgia in a few months and was looking forward to buying AU plates in Georgia.

Florida should just be detached and sailed around the Horn to California where the concentrated level of stupid would possibly create a level of suck so far unseen in the universe short of a black hole.

I'm going to put on a flame suit and dig into a fox hole and everything else here, and agree with SLink. All Georgia is doing is taking an opportunity away from Auburn people that Alabama never offered to UGA fans. Instead of talking about how stupid and childish it is for GA to not offer AU tags (which it is), we should be talking about how stupid it is for Alabama not to offer UGA tags, when doing so would get GA to keep offering AU tags, and we could skim some money from UGA fans.

***Flamesuit on, Hole Dug***

I'm going to put on a flame suit and dig into a fox hole and everything else here, and agree with SLink. All Georgia is doing is taking an opportunity away from Auburn people that Alabama never offered to UGA fans. Instead of talking about how stupid and childish it is for GA to not offer AU tags (which it is), we should be talking about how stupid it is for Alabama not to offer UGA tags, when doing so would get GA to keep offering AU tags, and we could skim some money from UGA fans.

I don't care anything about the Auburn fan/UGA fan issue.

I don't get why my congressman is helping someone living in another state rather than me. It is as simple as that.

You're completely right about this. Its their responsibility to represent you not worry about what happens in some other state. I would just give them a call or write them a letter and let them know why you wont be voting for them in the next election. That'll get the message across.

I don't care anything about the Auburn fan/UGA fan issue.

I don't get why my congressman is helping someone living in another state rather than me. It is as simple as that.

And you have a valid point. Like I said, it is stupid and childish. I'm just saying that we in Alabama don't have room to start throwing rocks at GA for doing this. Why didn't we ever even give our citizens the chance, and why are we missing an opportunity to fleece the UGA grads?

Archived