Guess Who Showed Up At UGA's Practice?

AUBandDad

That's right, the Round Mound of Touchdown (or whatever AU-appropriate nickname you want to give him), was at yesterday's UGA football practice. I like Al. I hope he can eventually find another coaching position if he wants it.

Guess I've Got Nothing Better To Do...

The item about him is all the way at the bottom of the article in the "This and that" section.

UGASports.com writer said Richt told him after practice Borges was there as a sort of consultant. Richt said Borges is visiting more than one SEC spring camp this year.

UGASports.com writer said Richt told him after practice Borges was there as a sort of consultant. Richt said Borges is visiting more than one SEC spring camp this year.

Interesting. I wonder what schools he will be visiting? Have you heard anything on that? I wish him good luck though and I hope he finds a job.

That's a little scary. UGA is poised with skill position talent similar to our 2004 team. CAB's offense runs well with pro-style talent.

That's a little scary. UGA is poised with skill position talent similar to our 2004 team. CAB's offense runs well with pro-style talent.

That is EXACTLY what every UGA fan said

Al did a ridiculously good job using Caddie/Ronnie and we are hoping his input can help us on how to deal with King/Moreno

And do NOT be surprised if you see a true freshman push King for the #2 RB position

The key to the UGA offense is to fix the WR's. I live in Ga. and the Ga HS players all catch the ball with alligator arms. It starts on the 3rd grade playground, they just all imitate each other and think that it "looks" good. Unlike most CFB Qb's, Stafford tends to overthrow rather than underthrow the pass. He settled down toward the end of last season and really started passing instead of throwing fastballs.

This is one fundamental where the PAC 10 and WAC teams are better. WR's extending their hands to catch the ball and coming back to underthrown balls rather than standing and waiting for the ballto come to them.

BTW, I'm sorry this is so poorly written, can't find my glasses and am tired.

After UT, no team had better WR play than UGA

Why? Not....a.....clue

But, something kicked in and our WR's caught EVERYTHING thrown to them with very few if any drops

Sean Bailey went over people's heads, MoMass caught bombs against UF/AU, and some others caught one-handed strikes

Was amazing

I just pray they continue that because BEFORE UT, they were just downright average at best for the past 2 years

War Borges! We love Al!

The senario with Moreno and King is scary! And, of course, as an Auburn fan, I have to believe that Stafford is one of the most talented qb's in the nation. He has pasted us twice.

But, what would Al want with another job? He gets to hang out in Auburn and go to baseball games while his wife brings home the bacon. That's the freaking life!

Archived