Schlabach's Bowl Projections

Tiger1992

BYU? Really? Maybe I have been under a rock or something, but I dont think they make a BCS game.

BTW, VT vs. Bama would be bad news for Bama.

Looking at their schedule, I see a few they could lose. @Washington, UCLA, @TCU, @Air Force, @ Utah. Hopefully someone beats them once

If we play OSU in the NCG, I would love our chances

I see very little shot of us making the NCG though

I could see BYU running the table, UCLA and Washington aren't exactly top teir in the Pac10. I see them having more trouble with road games at TCU and Air Force. If BYU does go undefeated and gets a BCS bowl, you know the Sugar will not want them. Mormons in New Orleans, those two go together like physics and Bama fans.

If I were to stake my reputation on two of those projected BCS teams not making it there, it'd be Texas Tech and Clemson.

Clemson is a perennial underachiever and Texas Tech hasn't proven that they can beat more than one quality team in a year. They have to play OU in Norman and Texas owns them.

The other side of that coin is that if Kansas can make a BCS game, then there's no reason to think that Texas Tech can't duplicate that feat...I just don't see them pulling it off. Their offense should be good again, but I'm not sold on them being improved defensively.

Agreed but I swear, eventually....Clemson HAS to make the ACCCG. I mean, they HAVE TO eventually, right? They are by FAR the most talented team in the ACC and Tommy Bowden is not a TERRIBLE coach so if they can't win the ACC this year, will they ever?

If I were to stake my reputation on two of those projected BCS teams not making it there, it'd be Texas Tech and Clemson.

Clemson is a perennial underachiever and Texas Tech hasn't proven that they can beat more than one quality team in a year. They have to play OU in Norman and Texas owns them.

The other side of that coin is that if Kansas can make a BCS game, then there's no reason to think that Texas Tech can't duplicate that feat...I just don't see them pulling it off. Their offense should be good again, but I'm not sold on them being improved defensively.

Agreed but I swear, eventually....Clemson HAS to make the ACCCG. I mean, they HAVE TO eventually, right? They are by FAR the most talented team in the ACC and Tommy Bowden is not a TERRIBLE coach so if they can't win the ACC this year, will they ever?

I agree, the law of averages would lead you to believe that Clemson will make it to Jacksonville one season. For the ACC's sake, I hope Clemson makes it to the ACCCG, at least they will bring some fans, cause attendance is pitiful.

Archived