The Voice of the Crimson Tide?

quietfan

Oh, this should be fun if it really happens! :lol:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/sha...oice_of_th.html

The Voice of the Crimson Tide?

By Kirk Bohls | Monday, August 4, 2008, 06:06 PM

Just try to guess who is in line to do a radio broadcast for this year's Alabama-Clemson football game on ESPN Radio?

None other than former Crimson Tide coach Dennis Franchione, the scourge of the state. A source told me the former Texas A&M coach will provide color along with Dave Barnett for that game on Aug. 30. At least, it's not in Alabama, but in Atlanta. We’re presuming Coach Fran would prefer a neutral site.

Fran is also scheduled to be on the same broadcast team for the Texas-UTEP game in El Paso on Sept. 6. Should be interesting.

Of course, he's really only the "scourge" of half the state--I don't think Auburn fans worry much about him either way....

Remember when all of the uaters would defend the FifthChoiceOne against anything and everything?..My how "times" change.....

Remember when all of the uaters would defend the FifthChoiceOne against anything and everything?..My how "times" change.....

actually times haven't changed at all. They are still defending the fifthchoiceone, it just happens to be a different body occupying the space. In 2-3 years they'll be throwing saban under the bus and defending a different entity that is the fifthchoiceone.

I agree that Frenchaboney's voice is horrible for a radio gig. I always thought Snake's voice was way too nasally and southern to do radio. Gotta' give him credit for one thing. He does actually tell it like it is.

I'm not really interested in his abilities (or lack thereof) as a sportscaster.

I just think the ensuing circus, the Bammer meltdown, what he'll say or be asked about Bama, and another national reminder of why the "SP" is in SPUAT will be entertainment gold, baby! :roflol:

To be fair, though, this doesn't sound much like "objective" journalism by ESPN, more like tabloids going for the "sensationalism" buck. ...sort like if they had Bobby Petrino do color at an Auburn game.

...or hired Terry Bowden to talk about Auburn as a professional commentator...oh, wait.. :o

It will give the uaters a chance to remember..."The good old days"....

It will give the uaters a chance to remember..."The good old days"....

"Hold the Rope" :lol:

The SWAT towels the players had on the sidelines: it stood for Special We Are Together :wavey:

And my personal favorite, the ultimate in what it means to be a bammie fan: "Kick Ass with Class" :roflol:

The way the bammies ate up all that Franchione fecal matter was too priceless. Ahh, memories!

and Bill Curry's book is due out this month

Oh I can't wait to read that, I wonder if he has a chapter about his 0-fer against Auburn.

I can't believe that nasally voice got a job in broadcasting.

Why not? Eli's soprano nasals have taken him far… and we ain't talking opera either. Well, maybe. B)

Archived