How's Lester?

Shire5k

Any word on the neck sprain, and how long he'll be out of commission? I was glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as it sounded at first. I hope for you guys that he's back on his feet soon.

Coaches don't know if he is practicing or not this week. He is going to Birmingham as a precaution to check on that neck.

IMO, no way he sees the field against LSU. If things look good in BHAM, we might see him against UT. Just my opinion, no insider knowledge or anything like that.

I just don't know, but in my opinion even if he is cleard by the Dr's. he will not play this week. I could be wrong, but for some reason I don't expect to see him play this week.

I just don't know, but in my opinion even if he is cleard by the Dr's. he will not play this week. I could be wrong, but for some reason I don't expect to see him play this week.

Why would he not play? He is one of our best players and this is one of our biggest games of the year. If the Dr.'s say he's okay, he should play. What idiot would keep one of their best players out of one of the biggest games of the year?

I've gotta agree with PowerI here. I don't see why he shouldn't play. If there's no injury to his spine, then why not? People play with injuries all the time.

I've gotta agree with PowerI here. I don't see why he shouldn't play. If there's no injury to his spine, then why not? People play with injuries all the time.

Well, when you're talking an arm or a leg, that's one thing, but your spine is a whole different ballgame.

I agree that if he's cleared to play by the Dr's, then he should go ahead, but you can never be too careful with a neck injury.

Why would he not play? He is one of our best players and this is one of our biggest games of the year. If the Dr.'s say he's okay, he should play. What idiot would keep one of their best players out of one of the biggest games of the year?

While he could get a release from the Dr. That is not to say he will. He did not practice today because he was in Birmingham having his neck examined. Who knows how more extensive test will look like.

Also if he were to play and heaven forbid be injured permanantly, what would you be saying then? Yes he is one of the better players on the offensive side and this is one of AU's biggest games of the year. But his well being is foremost. Most times players will play with a sore leg or a sore arm. But a sore neck or back are different. That is the only point I am making.

Look at it as if it were an ankle sprain. Look how long Blackmon was out with that. Granted it is his neck, but a lot of beating and banging happens to a RB's head/neck. Even if he is "cleared" that doesn't mean he is healed. I hope he is able, but if it is in the air, I say to be conservative. No game is worth risking further and potentially permanent injury.

Archived