Recruiting pessimists.....

elbagab

Yes it would be nice to be getting all these TOP RATED in-state players but I want to make a point to everybody......

would I love to have Dre kirkpatrick come to Auburn? of course ...... but last time I checked Im pretty sure AU is A ok in the Corner back department ...... we have to Freshmen (thorpe and hood) who are our second teamers and have shown they are more than capable at playing at this level.....

Not to mention we have T'sharven Bell who is hurt and redshirted who was a 4*star last year who plays corner..

AND we got Reggie Taylor coming in next year who is a 4*star corner....

So, we will have 4 "TOP RATED" corners on the roster next year who we will have for the next 3-4 years.....

(NOT TO MENTION POWERS & MCFADDEN HAVE 1 YEAR LEFT, & SAVAGE 2 YEARS LEFT)

HOW MANY CORNERS DO WE NEED?????? LAST TIME I CHECKED YOU ONLY USE 2 AT A TIME, MAYBE 3 AGAINST SOME TEAMS....... SO WE ARE 2 DEEP FOR THE NEXT 3-4 YEARS.......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico Johnson & Tana Patrick?

same thing it would be nice to grab one of those guys.... BUT HAVE WE EVER HAD PROBLEMS GETTING AND DEVELOPING GOOD LINEBACKERS????? In this class coming up we have 2-3 linebackers that are probally going to end up at auburn (PETEY SMITH included) that the recruiting "GOD" up the road wouldnt mind to have and wants..... Spencer PYBUS has shown he was a steal last year, Josh Bynes is just a Sophmore, Eltorro Freeman(4*star coming out of high school) is coming in as a sophmore next year, Criag Stevens is just a sophmore, if TRAY doesnt go Pro he has another year...... I THINK WE ARE OK....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kendall kelly?

We have capable playmakers here who are underclassmen (fannin, quidarius carr,hawthorne, slaughter, Zackary) .... but yea it would be nice to add a 4*star receiver to the mix... but IF THE SPREAD WORKS WE WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING 3-4 4*STAR RECEIVERS NEXT YEAR.... I PROMISE....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, when you look at recruiting..... don't just look at the stars, look at the depth chart and see where the team needs are.... Signing 10 4*star receivers would make our class a TOP 5 class, but did that really make the team as a whole THAT much better???? how many of those guys are actually going to play????

Or would you rather have a TOP 20 class with 3* and 4*stars and fill in our depth chart with solid players???

Look at recruiting from that Angle....... Auburn is OK, I promise

It seemed that most of the quotes I read from many of the recruits that were scheduled to come last night, centered around checking out the game day atmosphere. If that place didn't give you chills last night, you'd better check your pulse. I can't imagine a recruit not wanting to be a part of that.

I love our 3 and 4 star players but I don't feel comfortable with UA getting all of the 5 stars that don't even look our way

If they grew up Bamar fans (and there are MORE of them, because there are more rednecks), we're not going to get them.... Simple....

:au::homer:

I love our 3 and 4 star players but I don't feel comfortable with UA getting all of the 5 stars that don't even look our way

If they grew up Bamar fans (and there are MORE of them, because there are more rednecks), we're not going to get them.... Simple....

Agreed. Who cares until they beat us...yeah it could be this year. We will see but I think all AU fans should step back and really appreciated what we've done over the last 6 years dominating them the way we have.

Agreed. Who cares until they beat us...yeah it could be this year. We will see but I think all AU fans should step back and really appreciated what we've done over the last 6 years dominating them the way we have.

Ctt just stated that the 2009 recruiting class is shaping up to be his BEST EVER. Regardless of whether they finally beat s this year or the next. No way they dominate.

Ctt just stated that the 2009 recruiting class is shaping up to be his BEST EVER. Regardless of whether they finally beat s this year or the next. No way they dominate.

and because CTT says it, it is therefore the Holy Grail.....and not too long ago you guys said we follow CNS around like the pied piper.

and because CTT says it, it is therefore the Holy Grail.....and not too long ago you guys said we follow CNS around like the pied piper.

Could you possibly be any more annoying.

Could you possibly be any more annoying.

yes.

This statement is HILARIOUS on so many levels!!!

Could you possibly be any more obtuse?

Actually, I'm not really sure what that means but it sounded like a damn fine come back.

Could you possibly be any more obtuse?

Actually, I'm not really sure what that means but it sounded like a damn fine come back.

It means dull and boring, not sharp, and is a spot on assessment of hamboy.

Ok....hamboy.....I want you to clearly identify those "levels". Be careful...think it through.....your answer will be scrutinized.

QUOTE(Birmingham @ Sep 25 2008, 10:43 AM)

Ok....hamboy.....I want you to clearly identify those "levels". Be careful...think it through.....your answer will be scrutinized.

Well hoopie, lets burn through a few of those levels.

- This board has had 3 threads in the last 14 days about Auburn commits that are opening back up their recruitment to other schools. Funny how the class that is Coach Tubervilles BEST EVER is pieced together with kids who aren't sure that Auburn is for them.

- In 2002 Tommy Tuberville brought in a class of freshman that ranked #6 nationally. What reason has Coach Tuberville given anyone to make them believe he will bring in a top 5 class this year? Oh, what's that? It doesn't matter how others grade his classes? So Coach Tuberville makes a wildly over the top prediction that doesn't apply to Professional assessments and rankings and therefore can't be contradicted by their results. Nice.

- If this class was signed today (I say that for a couple of reasons, 1) You have enough to sign today and 2) we're not sure what commits will still be with you at the end of the month let alone next February) it is clearly not as good as last years class who was ranked 20th nationally. Oh yeah I forgot, rankings don't matter. Makes you wonder how he will be held accountable for such a prediction if all scales and measures don't apply to said prediction. 3 or 4 years from now on the field I would imagine is the answer to that. I wonder if he will still be at Auburn to become accountable for this prediction.

- It is said that Coach Tuberville is a front runner in his ability to take 2 or 3 star recruits and coach them up. I think that it is clear that this reputation is NOT undeserved. Makes you wonder though what he could do with the top talant of the state of Alabama with his ability. If he used his ability on a hand full of 5 stars than Auburn would look like a pre-Oregon State USC... instead of a 3-2 win over Mississippi State.

- Last year it seemed that in Alabama's class there were a couple of key commits. Those commits seemed to start a chain reaction of other commits deciding on Alabama as their college of choice. This isn't a new thing, it's quite common. At the same time there are a lot of things that can kill your momentum, losses are one of those things. Articles about some that are already committed looking at other schools is another thing. It sounds like a good time to proclaim in an interview to high school seniors that they could be apart of Coach Tubervilles "BEST EVER" class.

Archived