AU vs Ole Miss

boddatiger99

This will be an interesting weekend. I live in GA and will be heading to the Plains with 5 buddies. All 5 of them are Ole Miss fans. None of them have ever been to a game in Jordan Hare...so I'll be showing them around and playing host. We will eat at a local joint and do Tiger Walk, etc. And I imagine I'll be using the phrase "It's usually alot more crowded than this" or "It's usually lowder than this" quite a bit.

But in a weird way I'm looking forward to it. I know what to expect. I don't expect us to win. I expect us to play hard and be in the game for awhile...but let's face it, they will start pounding the ball on our D and it won't take long to start racking up some yards. This doesn't mean I won't scream my freakin head off on every down or wear my Navy (as I'm told...though I'd prefer just to wear my favorite burnt orange T). No, I will root my Tigers on loud and proud. But I'm fairly relaxed about this game. I expect the train wreck to continue. And hey, in the unlikely chance we pull it all together in a "turnaround game", then I'll be there for the experience.

Does this attitude make me any less of a fan? Me thinks not.

I think you are thinking everything properly and as you should.

Does anyone else realize that Gus's offense has been figured out by thelast 3 defenses and that now we go up against the head coach thatbrought Gus into College Football just 3 years ago? Auburn may "playhard," (for about 2 quarters) but Auburn will get whooped and will quitby the end of the 3rd quarter - write it down. This team has no morefight in it. And anyone that disagrees with that, just needs to watchthe second half of the LSU game - that team simply does not careanymore.

I think you are thinking everything properly and as you should.

Does anyone else realize that Gus's offense has been figured out by thelast 3 defenses and that now we go up against the head coach thatbrought Gus into College Football just 3 years ago? Auburn may "playhard," (for about 2 quarters) but Auburn will get whooped and will quitby the end of the 3rd quarter - write it down. This team has no morefight in it. And anyone that disagrees with that, just needs to watchthe second half of the LSU game - that team simply does not careanymore.

Caudle and the second string offense cared.

Unfortunately they won't see the field during any valuable playing time.

If Caudle does come on...due to lack of 1st string production...the crowd will go crazy. I absolutely hate those times. It's stupid. 90% of the time the 2nd or 3rd string dude does squat. Us fans are so gullible.

I am coming back for this game; I am not looking forward to it. Arky last year and Ole miss this year. I support Auburn as much as I can, but this is starting to become a beat down, I can stay here in Dallas and watch them lose, and save a couple of thousand dollars.

If Caudle does come on...due to lack of 1st string production...the crowd will go crazy. I absolutely hate those times. It's stupid. 90% of the time the 2nd or 3rd string dude does squat. Us fans are so gullible.

Squat is about 3x better than what we are producing now. I'll take squat over 47 yards passing any day. But hey, that's just me... :poke:

I will completely agree with you on that. Many times the fans see things, but not the entire picture.

I would like to think that Todd is still the best option, as well as the rest of the 1st stringers. But what I don't mind trying is seeing how others do given an opportunity. I'm not saying Caudle is better than Todd. But maybe he should get a chance just to see how it goes. What if he ended up doing well? Not saying he would do any better, but seeing that this season is officially lost (the only victory at this point would be beating Bama - the other games don't make a difference except for getting to a better bowl and being realistic, it's not going to happen), why not try it out.

But I do agree - fans are VERY gullible. Heck, how many people on this board after the Ball St game claimed the Iron Bowl would decide the West?

I think if Todd struggles early on against Ole Miss, he probably will get pulled.

I went to the Arkansas game last year and heard the boo's ringing throughout the stadium when Todd struggled after Kodi had done nothing up to that point and ended up not doing much of anything the entire game. That's how divided the team and fans were last year. Hopefully the Ole Miss game this weekend won't be as bad of an experience as the Arkansas game was last year.

I honestly think too they should use Fannin way more since it's obvious that McCalebb isn't 100% and won't take many hits, so Fannin would give us of chance to get more yards and take some hits to give Tate a breather.

I hope Auburn plays better this weekend but I'm not expecting a win as others here have already stated.

Squat is about 3x better than what we are producing now. I'll take squat over 47 yards passing any day. But hey, that's just me... :poke:

Every time I say "squat" I think of "jack squat" and living in a van down by the river! Chris Farley died way too young.

:big:

Archived