ESPN Coverage

JB33

Not sure what to make of it, but too conspicuous not to mention:

1. This morning on Sportscenter, the ticker repeatedly ran the "new allegations" against Cam, under the heading "THE LEAD," along with Wade Phillips' firing in Dallas. It happened that I came in at the very beginning of the broadcast. They reported on the Phillips firing not less than four different times (each for several minutes) during the broadcast. Finally, at about 25 minutes into the 30 minute program, they gave a quick recitation (literally not more than 3-4 sentences, with no interviews, video, nothing) of the "new allegations," then moved on.

2. Then I looked at the Forde Yard Dash. Forde - who, let's not forget, had his name on the first piece about the Bond / Rogers incident less than a week ago - only mentioned Newton once, and that was only to point out that (in Forde's opinion) Les Miles' 2010 odyssey had overtaken his (Cam's) saga in the headlines.

Seriously, WTH?

Not sure what to make of it, but too conspicuous not to mention:

1. This morning on Sportscenter, the ticker repeatedly ran the "new allegations" against Cam, under the heading "THE LEAD," along with Wade Phillips' firing in Dallas. It happened that I came in at the very beginning of the broadcast. They reported on the Phillips firing not less than four different times (each for several minutes) during the broadcast. Finally, at about 25 minutes into the 30 minute program, they gave a quick recitation (literally not more than 3-4 sentences, with no interviews, video, nothing) of the "new allegations," then moved on.

2. Then I looked at the Forde Yard Dash. Forde - who, let's not forget, had his name on the first piece about the Bond / Rogers incident less than a week ago - only mentioned Newton once, and that was only to point out that (in Forde's opinion) Les Miles' 2010 odyssey had overtaken his (Cam's) saga in the headlines.

Seriously, WTH?

Hopefully they are realizing the amount of credible facts out there are zero to none....

Archived