"All The Good Players Are Gone"

boddatiger99

As we approach the 2011 season, it will be very interesting to see how this phrase ultimately ends up being used. If the AU season ends up in the crapper like most are predicting, then it will be a reminder from our rivals that we were a "one hit wonder". BUT, if AU grows up fast and our young & talented team surprises the football nation (I'm leaning this way), then you will see & hear thousands of AU fans in Jordan Hare & other stadiums, "Shhhhhhhhhh, all the good players are gone". As most of you know, even our coaches are using this as a motivational tool right now, shouting it at the younguns to get em moving.

Regardless, one thing is FOR SURE: The :au: family has always been and will forever be ALL IN!

War Eagle! Bring on the 2011 season!....with all our "bad players". ;)

Preach it! Just look at where we were in the minds of the cognoscenti this time last year! Just remember who was favored to win the Iron Bowl. The hate never stops. War Damn Eagle!

None of us expect Auburn to be as good as last year. But anyone with half a brain knows Auburn will certainly be better than 2 years ago.

"Good players are gone.? Take a look at who's been recruited in the past 3 years. 3 escellent recruiting classes and the 4rd year of this intact coaching staff. In their first year they took a very shallow and not so good group of players to an 8-5 season. They'll do considerably better than that this year with essentially the same schedule.

Even if this is a down year, it will quickly be shown that we were not a one hit wonder because 2012-2014 will be really good.

"Good players are gone.? Take a look at who's been recruited in the past 3 years. 3 escellent recruiting classes and the 4rd year of this intact coaching staff. In their first year they took a very shallow and not so good group of players to an 8-5 season. They'll do considerably better than that this year with essentially the same schedule.

That was a line used by Coach Troop in Spring Practice to get the team fired up. ;)

:au: War Damn Eagle!!!!!!! :au:

I love hearing people say that Auburn was a one hit wonder last year. From 2004-2010, we had 2 undefeated seasons. A record totaling 27-0. 2 BCS wins. In 2006, we went 11-2. We have won nearly every bowl game we were apart of since 2002. We lost to Wisconsin one year, and can't recall if we have had another loss. We only went 1 season without going to a bowl game, thanks to midseason firings, etc. We have beaten Alabama 7/9 last games.

Do I need to keep going?

I love hearing people say that Auburn was a one hit wonder last year. From 2004-2010, we had 2 undefeated seasons. A record totaling 27-0. 2 BCS wins. In 2006, we went 11-2. We have won nearly every bowl game we were apart of since 2002. We lost to Wisconsin one year, and can't recall if we have had another loss. We only went 1 season without going to a bowl game, thanks to midseason firings, etc. We have beaten Alabama 7/9 last games.

Do I need to keep going?

You don't need to, but I don't mind if you do. The facts not only speak for themselves, hearing them never gets old! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! :cheer::au::cheer:

Do I need to keep going?

all good stuff. You are correct. 1 bowl loss (wisconsin in 2005) Teams we beat in the bowls: Penn State (2002), Wisconsin (2003), Virginia Tech (2004), Nebraska (2006), Clemson (2007), Northwestern (2009), and Oregon (2010)

Anybody that refers to us as a one hit wonder, clearly knows very little about football and even less about Auburn.

Anybody that refers to us as a one hit wonder, clearly knows very little about football and even less about Auburn.

But that's what they said on SportsCenter!!

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

I am shocked and appalled that you would insinuate bias and skewed reporting from a national news outlet. What's next? FoxSports? The New York Times?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

It continuously baffles me that media outlets can say what they say and pretend like it is fact and will in no shape, form, or fashion be anything other then fact. ESPN is an outlet that loves Auburn. StatTiger could probably show you the data on how Auburn is on ESPN all the time. Paul Finebaum makes it a point to tick off every AU fan he can because the callers (jobless avid Bama fans) love to argue against the team that stole the only recent glory they had seen.

The media was stung by Auburn the last 7 years. Screw them. Pardon my French but I am not one living under the veil that media is unbiased and drivin by cash. Auburn is ESPN's moneymaker. Underdogs rule and Auburn has continuously beaten "better teams". No ESPY's, see if we care.

You need us and we have to suck it up and say...we need you. That is the true problem.

Archived