Dyer

autiger888

Little Rock (Ark.) Christian five-star running back Michael Dyer had already taken a handful of visits this spring. The nation's No. 9 overall recruit in the 2010 class according to Rivals.com had visited Arkansas. He'd been to Oklahoma, Alabama, Georgia Tech and Tulsa, too.

But according to Dyer, none compared to his visit to Auburn.

The 5-foot-9, 201-pound Dyer, ranked by Rivals as the country's No. 3 running back, took a trip to the Plains Tuesday. He arrived around noon and stayed well into the night.

He wouldn't have minded staying a little longer.

"I really enjoyed Auburn," he said. "I really loved it, actually. Everything was great. Everybody was great. I really enjoyed it there. I really did.

"It was my favorite place that I've visited. I ranked the visits that I've taken so far and Auburn came out at the top. That's my favorite spot."

• 2 weeks later...

Dyer would be perfect for Malzahn's offense. No one would ever be able to find him, he's 5-9! The opposing defenses will already have enough to worry about when they never know what's coming next!

Are they going to do an end-around? A reverse? Maybe a double reverse? But what if they just do a simple sweep? What if they fake that sweep and the QB takes it and runs? What if they do that, we bite then he throws a bomb downfield? What if they fake it to one back, but give to another? What if that other back reverses to that slot reciever? What if they do the Wild Tiger? What if they just hand it off straight down the middle and while I'm worrying about all of this, I can't even find the little bastard they just handed it off to?

Oh yeah, and after all of this, when the play is over, I get about five seconds of rest before I have to do it all again.

I'm telling y'all, this offense is the real deal and Dyer would fit like a glove.

My concern is that if we dont win 8-10 games this year that we will lose interest from some of these high profile recruits. Not trying to throw water on the fire but we still have to be productive on the field to get these guys in here.

Archived