Texas feeling the heat for Seastrunk

AUSportTalk

White and Seastrunk among Spring Game attendees. In an appearance that surely encourages Longhorn fans skeptical about Lache Seastrunk eventually choosing Texas, the Temple star running back made it down to Austin for the second week in a row, having taken in the team-wide scrimmage the previous week. Typically close mouthed about his visit, Seastrunk hasn't spoken to any of the recruiting services about his visit, but a generic "great visit" comment did eventually find its way out of the Seastrunk camp. As with many recruits, Seastrunk's mother may be the most important factor in the process and she was likely the driver for Seastrunk as he came down to Austin, though there is no verification of that. If she was in attendance, there's no doub that Mack Brown took the time to give her his best sales pitch.

The breaking news with Seastrunk is that he will visit Auburn this weekend ($) with close friend Trovon Reed, a former Texas target who has now fallen off the radar with the other wide receiver commitments in the class and the emphasis on securing Darius White. I wrote recently that I thought that Seastrunk Auburn interest was a dalliance, but it appears that the interest could be serious and the visit this weekend could seriously launch Auburn into contention with Texas and LSU for the second-ranked prospect in the country, according to Rivals.

Man whoever wrote this apparently hasn't noticed that Lache is "High" on Auburn. From everything I have read, Auburn is on top for this kid and we are not fighting for contention with Texas or LSU. Good try to this sunshine blowing Texas reporter, but Auburn is the team to beat for Lache!

Kinda makes me angry to be honest.

I kinda like the fact that they didn't think Auburn had a shot b/c maybe the Texas and LSU coaches listen and don't recruit him hard.....that means he will be an Auburn Tiger in the end!! I think the visit this weekend will be the selling point b/c we are gonna be both Seastrunk and Reed or neither!

I don't really know what he wants to do.....I guess he will let everyone know as soon as he decides when he wants to make his decision. I would think sometime next Jan but who knows?

Im not getting my hopes up with this kid. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to have him. BUT,.... IMO, I think he goes to LSU along with Trovon Reed.

WDE01, why LSU?

From what I heard, he's got his top two schools' offers hung up in his locker. One of them I know is Auburn, the other, I presume is Texas. I haven't heard anything about LSU.

Everything that I've heard, points to LSU being "the other school". His cousin is there, if Im not mistaken, I think he was born in Louisiana and moved to Texas, he has developed a strong friendship with Trovon Reed, who by way is an LSU lean,......... I don't know, I could be wrong. Have been MANY times before. I REALLY hope we get him, Im just not getting my hopes too high right now, thats all.

Archived