Lache Seastrunk Update

AUSportTalk

Rivals.com Jamie Newberg's update on Lache

I am hearing running back Lache Seastrunk is high on Auburn. Have you been hearing the same?

-- Angie from Andalusia, Ala.

-----

Auburn has made a move with Lache Seastrunk.

Yes, I am hearing the same. Auburn has come out of nowhere in the Seastrunk sweepstakes. Seastrunk, a five-star player from Temple (Texas) High, is the nation's No. 2 prospect, and Auburn is looking for a dynamic playmaker for their offense under new coordinator Gus Malzahn.

It was thought he would decide between Texas and LSU. But just like that, Auburn is a major player. In fact, there are some who believe Auburn has passed LSU and is drawing closer and closer to Texas.

Seastrunk took an unofficial visit to Auburn last weekend and all indications are that he had a good visit. He has grown close to Tigers running back coach Curtis Luper, whose father is Seastrunk's pastor in Temple.

Seastrunk told me last week that Auburn likely would be his last unofficial visit until this summer, when he's planning on attending USC's "Rising Star Camp" in June and Florida's "Friday Night Lights" camp in July.

There is a long way to go in his recruitment. If I were a betting man, I'd say Texas is the team to beat for Seastrunk.

Yeah but for Auburn to be in the Top 3 is HUGE.....I think Auburn will give both LSU and Texas a run for there money!

I honestly think Auburn is way ahead of LSU and Texas. The things he said about Auburn were awesome, and you didn't hear him say anything like that about LSU or Texas. Auburn is the team to beat for Seastrunk's services.

I really think that right now we are in the lead for Lache and Marcus.  Tyrik Rollison is in both of their ears on facebook from what I hear and Lattimore went as far as having a big "War Eagle" on his facebook page for a while yesterday.  Some people think it is stupid to put any stock into stuff like that but it is defintely not a bad sign for us.

I really think that right now we are in the lead for Lache and Marcus.  Tyrik Rollison is in both of their ears on facebook from what I hear and Lattimore went as far as having a big "War Eagle" on his facebook page for a while yesterday.  Some people think it is stupid to put any stock into stuff like that but it is defintely not a bad sign for us.

I totally agree man! I think this year's class is gonna be one for the books.

Archived