july 4th weekend?

smuphy72wde

Is an event scheduled to take place or What.      If players were to commit who would they be?

Grant?

Dyer?

Owens?

Guest auburn warrior

dont know but im starving for football news :banghead: i mostly download my music while its not football season im a big fan of pink floyd  :hellyeah:

This topic is heating up again.  Chatter on the other boards.  3 big commits coming in July, one that will "shock the world."  Anybody know anything?  Or think they know anything?

dont know but im starving for football news :banghead: i mostly download my music while its not football season im a big fan of pink floyd  :hellyeah:

torrenting rules :)  there is a 2gig file floating around that has the Floyd discography.  Tied for my favorite band.  <3 Floyd.  Anyway...what is up with this weekend?  I wonder if they are trying to keep it a secret?  Or if anything is even happening at all.

Sorry, man, I couldn't say right now which boards, but the ones I usually read, other than this one of course, are Scout (free), ITAT (open), and, now, ThaRinger (forums).

People are starting to speculate on the Rivals board.  Sporttalk, has there been any rumblings at the athletic office.  I have to work all July 4th weekend, will have to be checking the email updates on my phone.  :thumbsup:

First, if our head coach as well as a few others are at the beach right now, doesn't sound like they are planning a big weekend in Auburn. Could be wrong.

If something happens, it doesn't have to take place in Auburn FWIW.

Also, only way it's a good month for Auburn is if kids are ready to commit, if they aren't then nothing will happen.

People are starting to speculate on the Rivals board.  Sporttalk, has there been any rumblings at the athletic office.  I have to work all July 4th weekend, will have to be checking the email updates on my phone.   :thumbsup:

I haven't heard anything as of today but I have been out of pocket almost all day. I hope to hear something Thursday but it doesn't look very likely right now.

**If I had to guess, I think it is gonna be the weekend of the 18th but I'm not sure**

People are starting to speculate on the Rivals board.  Sporttalk, has there been any rumblings at the athletic office.  I have to work all July 4th weekend, will have to be checking the email updates on my phone.   :thumbsup:

I haven't heard anything as of today but I have been out of pocket almost all day. I hope to hear something Thursday but it doesn't look very likely right now.

**If I had to guess, I think it is gonna be the weekend of the 18th but I'm not sure**

Isn't the Auburn Senior Elite Mini-Camp July 18th?  Do you feel this is where the fireworks will come from?

Isn't the Auburn Senior Elite Mini-Camp July 18th?  Do you feel this is where the fireworks will come from?

Yeah it is that weekend. I'm not sure if that is where they will come from or not but that is my best educated guess as of tonight :)

I have heard some speculation in the last day or two that the big one may be next weekend, the weekend between the holiday and the camp.  I am still hearing that something may still occur this weekend, but it probably won't be "the big one."  Who knows, though.  Nobody has told me anything concrete so it is all still speculation.

Trooper Taylor was recently on Sports Call radio. He said Auburn fans should save their money and don't buy fireworks because Auburn will have all the fireworks they need in July. He was hinting at something very big in recruiting in July.

Believing this to be hype, I decided to find out more. Two of my former coworkers have connections to the Auburn program. I made some calls and have confirmed for myself that the Auburn coaches do, in fact, have a huge event planned in July. It will truly be bigger than anything they (or any other school) have done so this year. Possibly ever. It's going to shake the very foundation of Bama v. Auburn recruiting. It could very possibly serve as the turning point in what has been complete domination since Saban arrived at UA.

It is being called Stars and Stripes Weekend (recruiting stars and tiger stripes).

On one weekend in July (the weekend of the 18th), no less than twelve very heavily recruited players will announce that they are committing to Auburn. Their commitment announcements have been coordinated by the Auburn staff to occur on this particular weekend.

I say no less than twelve, because: 1)Ladarius Owens is not among those 12 and may make his decision and announce on July 4 or he may wait to the 18th. 2) Several other top recruits will be present and may decide to commit along with the 12 whose commitment announcements have already been coordinated.

I have never seen anything like this. This is going to vault them into the top five in recruiting rankings and put them in the mix for tons of other players.

I got this from another site. Is there any truth to this AUSportsTalk?

That would be awesome to have 12 commit in one day.  That shockwave would be felt around by every high school player in the nation.

Trooper Taylor was recently on Sports Call radio. He said Auburn fans should save their money and don't buy fireworks because Auburn will have all the fireworks they need in July. He was hinting at something very big in recruiting in July.

Believing this to be hype, I decided to find out more. Two of my former coworkers have connections to the Auburn program. I made some calls and have confirmed for myself that the Auburn coaches do, in fact, have a huge event planned in July. It will truly be bigger than anything they (or any other school) have done so this year. Possibly ever. It's going to shake the very foundation of Bama v. Auburn recruiting. It could very possibly serve as the turning point in what has been complete domination since Saban arrived at UA.

It is being called Stars and Stripes Weekend (recruiting stars and tiger stripes).

On one weekend in July (the weekend of the 18th), no less than twelve very heavily recruited players will announce that they are committing to Auburn. Their commitment announcements have been coordinated by the Auburn staff to occur on this particular weekend.

I say no less than twelve, because: 1)Ladarius Owens is not among those 12 and may make his decision and announce on July 4 or he may wait to the 18th. 2) Several other top recruits will be present and may decide to commit along with the 12 whose commitment announcements have already been coordinated.

I have never seen anything like this. This is going to vault them into the top five in recruiting rankings and put them in the mix for tons of other players.

I got this from another site. Is there any truth to this AUSportsTalk?

Heard Trooper talking about the fireworks, but I'm not sure i believe the rest.  Don't get me wrong, 12 commits would be great, but surely this would not have been leaked if true.

I'm assuming you got the post on the ITAT board.  They pulled it down at around 1:00 today.  Anybody know why they'd do that?  Does that happen often?  Secondly, can anyone confirm - SportTalk, anyone - that Trooper actually said what they say he said? 

Actually, I found this posted by somebody on another message board. I didn't realize that it was also posted on the ITAT board as well. This is certainly getting interesting to say the least.

It really is, on a couple a levels.  There's a Tennessee blog - orangekoolaid.com, or something like that - that thinks there's something to this, not just rumor.

They are being yanked off the boards on pay sites because the many number of lurkers that are known for taking stuff and running over to their team's boards.  There are lots of turds on Scout, Rivals, and ESPN.  They just don't want the cat be let out of the bag and are worried about counter tactics used by coaches of other teams.

Yeah, I have heard about everything that was posted. Now what I don't know is the number of commitments. Just wait and see guys, don't ruin the surprise. Just wait and everything will start being released the 17th of July.

Archived