Gun question for experts

My wife's inherited her dad's M1 Garand after he died in 03. It has never been shot. I do not know much about it. Does anyone know how much it would be worth? If you need more info on it, just ask and I'll try my best to answer.

Depends on whether all numbers match-condition of bore/furniture etc. I have a Springfield I paid $550.00 for that is "really good" and one I got for $750.00 with national match bbl./receiver front and rear sights. Also if the gun has a story behind it might add to value,but generally $550.00 is a good reference point.

A definitive answer to the value of any firearm is impossible without data such as barrel wear, overall condition, and potential part mismatches (several manufacturers made M1 parts). More information would be required to answer this question, and without an experienced, impartial opinion as to condition, only a general (and wide) range of values is available.

This is an answer off of wikianswers, take it for what it's worth! :dunno:

Depends on whether all numbers match-condition of bore/furniture etc. I have a Springfield I paid $550.00 for that is "really good" and one I got for $750.00 with national match bbl./receiver front and rear sights. Also if the gun has a story behind it might add to value,but generally $550.00 is a good reference point.

A definitive answer to the value of any firearm is impossible without data such as barrel wear, overall condition, and potential part mismatches (several manufacturers made M1 parts). More information would be required to answer this question, and without an experienced, impartial opinion as to condition, only a general (and wide) range of values is available.

I was just about to comment on how impressive your answer was Weegle, then I saw the bottom part. I will still give you a  :thumbsup:  though!

I was just about to comment on how impressive your answer was Weegle, then I saw the bottom part. I will still give you a  :thumbsup:  though!

:laugh:  I was thinking the same thing, then read the last sentence.    :laugh:

Try some used gun wesites such as gunbroker.com, usedguns.com or marksoutdoors.com.  You may find a similar gun in comparable condition.  Granted these websites are trying to sell guns so the values may be a little high but if you just need an idea of a value for insurance or just conversation reasons, these should help.  I valued a whole collection this way and used the values to add an insurance rider to my homeowners.  Good luck.

Archived