johnny o'bryant after Barbee hire

brad5628AU

Congratulations to new Coach Barbee. Looks like a great hire as a coach and a recruiter. I wanted to wait until the hire became official. But with a great coach just hired, where do you think we stand with our most prolific recruit? I know we were in his top 3 only a couple months ago.

Congratulations to new Coach Barbee. Looks like a great hire as a coach and a recruiter. I wanted to wait until the hire became official. But with a great coach just hired, where do you think we stand with our most prolific recruit? I know we were in his top 3 only a couple months ago.

Who is this "prolific recruit" you speak of?

Johnny O'Bryant. I played against him in AAU a few years ago so I'm a little overexcited that were in it for him. He's a 5 star and ranked 13 overall by Rivals. The kid was an absolute monster.

I'm on blackberry so i can't see your updated post..my bad, but just curious if were still in it. If we are, do you think barbee can pull him to AU

If Barbee can pull in some 5 star recruits, I will be impressed.  Not that he has to for me to be impressed.

:wedance:

Barbee needs to definitely make a big push for him for 2011--we've not had a prospect with that kind of ranking in awhile. Problem is we have a full roster and won't be able to sign anyone for that class unless someone leaves or fails to qualify.

So, it will be interesting to see the roster when we hit the new arena this fall.

He's touted as a recruiter - so let's see what he can do.

With the right recruits - JC's and AAU included - a bad program can be a good program in one year.

He's touted as a recruiter - so let's see what he can do.

With the right recruits - JC's and AAU included - a bad program can be a good program in one year.

No doubt.  You can turn a basketball program around much quicker than a football program with the right moves. 

Archived