UAB v TCU

CarolinaTiger

well, as the 2nd qtr draws to an end, UAB is up 35-14. an incredible offensive display by UAB. their QB is a hoss! he only has 4 or 5 TD passes this half.

as they were doing the player introductions for these 2 teams, i had an observation. most of UABs palyers were from alabama, and TCU's players were from TX. i couldn't help but think that this is really the state of alabama vs. the state of texas, using '2nd-level' players... i don't mean '2nd-level' to be too demeaning, only meaning that most of the higher rated players from each state prolly went to a major college program in that state...

at any rate, 1/ 18 seconds left, TCU is about to score...so, stay tuned!

ct

Actually, as for talent level in THIS state, UAB would be third, right after Troy and

:au: .

Good for UAB. They can realistically run the table except for Southern Miss. 9-2 should get them to a bowl game. That'd be neat if they played Bama. With all the talk about getting rid of their football program, a bowl game would be huge.

i got news for you about those "2nd" tier players of UAB...hackney,burks, white and mccune could play sec football for anybody....these guys are the real deal....anyone know why burks isn't at AU?.....his daddy played there and he has outstanding athletic ability and is one hardnosed player.....hackney will play in the NFL,just wait and see....may not be a starter but he will be drafted and make someones team

The UAB team was very impressive. If they had a decent stadium, they would be legit. They have that toilet off Arkadelphia now that I would go to only if AU was in a MNC game. Worst possible side of town and horrible shape too.

Hackney and the O, they were very inpressive.

TCU, looks like they are falling quite a bit now, their D backs were constantly out of place.

i got news for you about those "2nd" tier players of UAB...hackney,burks, white and mccune could play sec football for anybody....these guys are the real deal....

111706[/snapback]

i know, tom, and i certainly didn't want to demean them or their ability w/ my post. i just couldn't find the right word or phrase to express what i was trying to say, which was that this game is between primarily alabama & texas products.

UAB @ 9-2...that'd be awesome.

did anyone hear the announcers at the game say they thot UAB > UAT this year, given UAT's sanction limitations???

they also pondered why the schools don't play each other. inquiring minds want to know. :lol:

ct

Archived