CBS or ESPN

AUHansel

Last week I was looking at the ESPN schedule and it had the Auburn - Georgia game scheduled for CBS. There was no time on there but it said CBS. I looked at it again today and it no longer says CBS. I don't really understand how it works. I know that CBS has the big contract, but is there any chance that this game will be on ESPN? And can anyone explain to me which network gets their pick?

CBS gets to pick first because they have the contract with the SEC. If they decide they want to show the AU-UGA game, which they will, then it will be on CBS. If they don't, which they won't, then it will be on ESPN. If ESPN doesn't want a game, then JP gets to pick. That's it!

The game will definitely be on CBS!

So, Does that mean that this year's Iron Bowl will be on JP? :big::au:

I thought someone said somewhere (how accurate is that!) that once or twice a year, ESPN gets a first pick of a game over CBS. I remember reading that somewhere on this board - no idea who said it, but I didn't make it up. At least I don't think I did... :blink:

Yeah, we heard that here. I think they said that ESPN got the first pick once. and they used for the asskicking we gave the Vols up in Knoxville.

Well, I do what I can. :D

Loading up and headed out to the FOOTBALL Capital of the State. :au:

WAR EAGLE...Beat the Cats ! ! ! :au:

Yeah, we heard that here. I think they said that ESPN got the first pick once. and they used for the asskicking we gave the Vols up in Knoxville.

113541[/snapback]

I still say CBS outright picked UGA/LSU for that week. I seem to remember that from somewhere, but I could be wrong.

Archived