Need white tablecloth restaurant recommendations for Auburn/Opelika

I'm looking to try out more restaurants in the Auburn/Opelika area.  Every weekend my wife and I enjoy eating out at new restaurants and our favorites.  Can anybody give some suggestions for some in opelika?  I have probably eating at all of the good ones in Auburn but I am not positive on that.  I am looking for the white table top restaurants, not the regulars.  I have already hit up zazu, hamilton's, warehouse bistro, arrica's (sp?).

I am looking to hit up bloodhounds this weekend.  Irish bread pub was good as well but looking for something more expensive. 

Thanks in advance guys.  I know there's like a bed and breakfast inn that has great dinners in opelika but have not been there yet. 

Let's hear your suggestions!

I'm looking to try out more restaurants in the Auburn/Opelika area.  Every weekend my wife and I enjoy eating out at new restaurants and our favorites.  Can anybody give some suggestions for some in opelika?  I have probably eating at all of the good ones in Auburn but I am not positive on that.  I am looking for the white table top restaurants, not the regulars.  I have already hit up zazu, hamilton's, warehouse bistro, arrica's (sp?).

I am looking to hit up bloodhounds this weekend.  Irish bread pub was good as well but looking for something more expensive. 

Thanks in advance guys.  I know there's like a bed and breakfast inn that has great dinners in opelika but have not been there yet. 

Let's hear your suggestions!

Have you been to Cafe 123 in Opelika?  Just around the corner from Ma-Fia's on 8th St.  It's is comparable to something like Hamilton's...really good food.

Waffle House is always a great choice, but I can't get my wife to go into one.  There's usually some kind of show in it, and the table tops are kind of white!

:laugh:

the wearhouse bistro is one of the very best, I have eaten there many times and never had a bad meal  donot be confused by location, look on their website for directions,

the wearhouse bistro is one of the very best, I have eaten there many times and never had a bad meal  donot be confused by location, look on their website for directions,

^^Yes, very nice.

I've only been to warehouse bistro once.  It was very good food but I didn't care for the atmosphere of the place

If you want the best BBQ, go to Byron's.

(eta: ok, just read you post and realized what you're asking for :laugh:)

Just my opinion but.

1a.  BBQ House

1b.  Mike & Eds

3. Price's BBQ

4. Moe's

5.  Byron's

It's a "regular" but didn't see it in your OP, so I'll mention Amsterdam. Always good. Ma Fia's is good, too; try the lasagna. I have heard Yellowhammer is supposed to be good, but really expensive and a little out of the way. They may be closed now, too; I'm not sure.

david's bed and breakfest, let me know if you're comin so i can clean the house ;)

I've been out of town for years now, who owns that restaurant?  David formerly of Auburn City Limits?

The Warehouse Bistro is as close to 5 star dining as you are going to get in Lee County.  If Joe is still the owner/proprietor/head chef, you are definitely in for a real treat.  when i worked next door to him, he always used the seasonally fresh produce and did magic with garlic  :thumbsup:  He went out of his way to re-open the restaurant for me during the Christmas close-down period for me to surprise my wife for our 10th anniversay 12 years ago.  He is really creative with what he cooks, and takes pride in every dish that is served.

the best barbeque is countrys on opelika rd! Imo.

there once was a day that i would have agreed with this statement until i was served a fried hairball the size of a softball in the middle of my "freedom fries" back in 2002.  Since then i haven't darkened their doors.  Mike and Ed's does a pretty good job though.

If you want the best BBQ, go to Byron's.

(eta: ok, just read you post and realized what you're asking for :laugh:)

Just my opinion but.

1a.  BBQ House

1b.  Mike & Eds

3. Price's BBQ

4. Moe's

5.  Byron's

You blaspheme!

Jimmy's downtown Opelika, just up the street from Irish Pub. Jimmy's gumbo is worth walking to Opelika to get.  And whoever mentioned Country's ... they don't even rank among the local barbecue places.  Mike and Ed's, Barbecue House on College Street, Byron's ... those are many pigs above Country's.  And as for chains, Longhorn Steaks' parmesan crusted chicken is about as good as one can do a chicken.

Anyways let's get back on track.  I live in Auburn so I have literally ate at every restaurant that serves meals under $30.  I am only looking to broaden my wife's and I horizon on the upscale restaurant's. 

david's bed and breakfest, let me know if you're comin so i can clean the house ;)

Is this the one right down the road from where Tyler's used to be?  If so I have been wanting to try it out! 

What is the menu consist of?

It's a "regular" but didn't see it in your OP, so I'll mention Amsterdam. Always good. Ma Fia's is good, too; try the lasagna. I have heard Yellowhammer is supposed to be good, but really expensive and a little out of the way. They may be closed now, too; I'm not sure.

I live less than 1 mile away from Amsterdam.  The wifey and I get it to go on a regular but surprisingly I only spend like $20 because I always get the crabcake sandwich and the wife always gets the turkey wrap lol.  Yellowhammer was had the best atmosphere/food money could buy. We ate there for valentines day last year however I believe it went out of business a few months back.  Very sad

I have a friend of mine that has a boyfriend who works at Ma Fia's and I have heard great things about this place but have not been yet.  Also work with a guy that's girlfriend is the manager at Jefferson's right beside irish bread pub.  Been there twice so far and it is great food for a reasonable price.

Archived