Does Saban have a soul???

YaBoyMaxWeezy

It is our job to stop them... It is not his job to keep the score down.

If I were him, I wouldn't let up. Crush and absolutely destroy your opponent.

If we were on the other side of the equation, I'd be upset if our coach let up against any team.

What do you think the score of the Iron Bowl will be? Do you think Saban will show our team some sympathy and let up or kneel the ball on us if/when they get up 35-0 or something?

Mark Richt let up, he had to show a great deal of restraint to keep that score down. They could have easily done what aTm did to us in our own stadium, but they held back.

IMO, Saban will use our team to get his guys reps for the SECCG vs UGA. He will let his guys basically use our team as practice dummies to prep for the big game on Dec 1st. I think he will play a ton of his young freshmen/rs freshman in this game as well - - give them some experience in a big rivalry game.

Saban's got a soul but he sold it to the devil years ago. He sort of reminds me of a quote from G. Gordon Liddy on the final page of his autobiography. He says, "I finally became what I always wanted to be, a thoroughly dangerous man."

Saban's got a soul but he sold it to the devil years ago. He sort of reminds me of a quote from G. Gordon Liddy on the final page of his autobiography. He says, "I finally became what I always wanted to be, a thoroughly dangerous man."

What about him is dangerous? Other than if you don't bring your A+ game, you're going to lose?

He let up last year. He'll do the same this year by playing the backups most of the second half, which will still be better than AU's starters. Beating AU 90-0 proves nothing to any voter because they are horrid, he knows he has to win the SEC to have a shot at the BCS and won't jeopardize that for the fans' ego.

Agreeing w/ most here. He won't be calling off the dogs out of consideration for us, but he will rest his starters for the SECCG and keep some of the playbook closed.

The first half will be a bloodletting, though.

He will be relentless in this game! I can't blame him nor do I fault him

because if the shoe was on the other foot I would want them crushed!

I think Saban's going to beat the hell out of AU. Remember the 36-0 beating he gave AU when he was overheard telling his team during a timeout that he hated AU? He will have no sympathy for AU. I hope I live to see the day when AU can do the same to him.

yes he has a soul, no he will not let up. we wouldn't either.

Tuberville would disagree. He'd to into his famous Tuber-shell and win by 8 or 10 points.

I loved the six in a row, but I wish we had a couple of huge beatdowns on those guys, but Tubs never would do that.

I saw him walk by a mirror, but there was no reflection.

I think it'll be kinda like UGA. Bama will beat us as bad as they want to. We will not be able to move the ball. This year no one will return a fumble or a kick for a score. We'll be lucky to score 3 points. They'll score 35-40 with ease, 50 if things go wrong. But Saban won't choose to run up the score because he wants to keep everybody sharp and healthy.

My best guess.

I disagree, i think the Iron Bowl will be fairly close. I think Bama wins, but I think Auburn will put up a good fight.

Im saying 28-14 bama.

I do have a question though, If Auburn finds a way to win....does CGC keep his job?

I don't see any reason to keep starters in just to run up the score. No amount of butt whooping would get us in the top two unless 2/3 of the top teams lose. If the playoff system was in place, I could see running up the score. It's not, and there's no reason to risk starters getting hurt by playing them any longer than necessary.

Playing his 1st string players to run up the score and make his fan base worship him more is dangerous. Losing a key offensive player while leading by 35 points may make a 49 point victory useless.

Archived